PDA

View Full Version : Pool Multi color leds that will sync together.

Eden Lights
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I just looked at a huge pond with underwater multiple led arrays in various locations around the pond. They rotate in color, but don't stay In-sync as per spec. Please let me know of any products that I should look at to replace these with??

Must do white, must be able to stop at any color, and must be able to stay in sync all the time.

sprinkler guy
09-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Eden,

Not sure if this fits the bill, but try www.illuminfx.com. I've seen this work on a handful of fish ponds. Pretty cool, but not cheap.

Eden Lights
09-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Here is the pond.

Lite4
09-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Eddie, have you ever tried the fiber-optic lights. They have a color wheel generator that is always in synce. I have not tried them so not sure how much light they will put out in that application.

pete scalia
09-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Jandy color wheel

Chris J
09-14-2007, 01:53 AM
I just looked at a huge pond with underwater multiple led arrays in various locations around the pond. They rotate in color, but don't stay In-sync as per spec. Please let me know of any products that I should look at to replace these with??

Must do white, must be able to stop at any color, and must be able to stay in sync all the time.

Eddie,
I'm not sure I understand the question. Is the current system LED (What kind) or other. It sounds as if they currently have multiple colorwheels, which would constitute multiple illuminators not in sync. I feel that I'm the one who is totally off sync, but please explain.
By the way, nice home. Are you doing the home lighting as well?

Eden Lights
09-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Eddie,
I'm not sure I understand the question. Is the current system LED (What kind) or other. It sounds as if they currently have multiple colorwheels, which would constitute multiple illuminators not in sync. I feel that I'm the one who is totally off sync, but please explain.
By the way, nice home. Are you doing the home lighting as well?

http://www.wiedamark.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=805

This is what the pond builder put in, several of the large and medium units at the top of the page. They all have little small 24V transformers. I installed a package for the builder in the front of the home, clients called after moving in and said they were redoing the back yard and needed everything controled by my system.(UPB) They decided againest my services for lighting since they hired a big water feature builder from florida. Well he's done now and they asked how to turn the lights off and keep the lights on sync, he told them to go behind the pond and unplug them and try to plug them all up at the same time? Take a look!

Lite4
09-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Hey Eddie in the LED thread I have a picture of a fountain in front of a home that has the LEDs that change color. They seem to sync ok, but the lumen output is nil. The picture shows more light than actual due to prolonged exposure on the camera.

Lite4
09-14-2007, 02:16 AM
The lights in your link definitely look brighter than what I have.

Chris J
09-14-2007, 02:32 AM
Eddie,
I'm sorry pal but I have never seen any of this and have no clue as to what you should do. Wish I could help you, but my only advice would be to tell them to let you reinstall your system of choice (my choice would be the illumin fx fiber optic system).

See ya next week,

Lite4
09-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Eddie,
I'm sorry pal but I have never seen any of this and have no clue as to what you should do. Wish I could help you, but my only advice would be to tell them to let you reinstall your system of choice (my choice would be the illumin fx fiber optic system).

See ya next week,

Thats the one I have seen too. Didn't look too bad. I havn't have the webos to try it on a job yet though.

JoeyD
09-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I have used the Illumin FX more then a few times. I highly reccomend it, it works very well and is super simple to install. They do have color wheels and I know you can synchronize the illuminators.

Eden Lights
10-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Well I did two proposals for this job. A. was Jandy in the water and IlluminFX on the water fall. B. Was 10 Focus SL33's in various locations. The Focus SL's won out do to cost and after 3 hours tonight of playing in the cool water in my trunks and thawing out with some Starbucks on the way home it turned out pretty sharp. Thanks for all the help.

Lite4
10-03-2007, 01:18 PM
After all the excitement you have to let us see it. Post some pics
thanks Eddie