PDA

View Full Version : a few late summer pictures

Dirt Digger2
09-14-2007, 12:41 PM
well im back at school now so i have nothing but free time on my hands...i didnt take a whole lot of pictures this summer because i was so darn busy but when i could i snapped a few....

heres a driveway i put in, everything you see that has grass on either side was exisiting i just top coated with new stone, everything with dirt was cut out 8" with a backhoe and 3A on the bottom then top coated with a 3/4"

Dirt Digger2
09-14-2007, 12:42 PM
the existing driveway stopped in the front of the house but the builder wanted to wrap it around and have the parking area in the back

Dirt Digger2
09-14-2007, 12:44 PM
you can see it required a lot of cutting and filling to get the thing level...the bank use to come from on the left down to the grass on the right in a nice slope, so i had to just hoe it out and carry it all to another side of the property

Dirt Digger2
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
last one...job took 2 days and that was mainly because the stone trucks for the top coat couldnt get there until the next day..about 4 hours to cut it with the hoe, 2 hours to move all the dirt, then about 6 hours to get the stone trucks there and spread

MarksTLC
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Nice job. It looks great. Nice property too...

Dirt Digger2
09-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice job. It looks great. Nice property too...

the property was beautiful..the house set on 2 acres that was adjacent to 27 acres right next to the old King Ranch in coatesville...the builder was trying to sell it with all 29 acres, i dont know if he was successful or not

mrusk
09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Real nice property!

KrayzKajun
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM
NIce work!!

MarksTLC
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Man I'd love to have 29 acres.

Wow back to reality......

Fieldman12
09-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Nice looking pics Dirt Digger2. When you say old King Ranch is this the same one that has thousands and thousands of acres? If so I have seen some pretty interesting harvesting pics on that farm. I did not realize it was in PA though. For some reason that does not sound like the correct state. Since you say old did they move?

Fieldman12
09-15-2007, 10:50 AM
This is what im thinking of. http://www.king-ranch.com/index.html

YellowDogSVC
09-15-2007, 01:07 PM
not bad. I use a roadrunner grader and it keeps my edges clean and straight. For $2300, it can't be beat for final grade before i use a bobcat compactor.

YellowDogSVC
09-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Nice looking pics Dirt Digger2. When you say old King Ranch is this the same one that has thousands and thousands of acres? If so I have seen some pretty interesting harvesting pics on that farm. I did not realize it was in PA though. For some reason that does not sound like the correct state. Since you say old did they move?

Are you referring to the King Ranch in S. Texas? At its height, it was just over a million acres and is still at least 800 hundred thousand acres.

Fieldman12
09-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, Im pretty sure that is the one Im thinking of. . http://www.king-ranch.com/index.html

Dirt Digger2
09-15-2007, 05:17 PM
the King Ranch is now only in Texas but up until 1986 they had around 13,000acres here in Chester County PA. They raised cattle and sold them around here. A guy I work with use to work there until they sold all the land in 86. He is in the King Ranch "history books" as one of the best ropers they ever had. All the land is still under consevation so no developments will ever be built there, just multi-million dollar horse farms, absolutely beautiful...Dick Vermeal lives in one of them

backtobasicslawncare
09-16-2007, 01:07 PM
nice work!!

Dirt Digger2
09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
ahh what the heck...since i started the post i'll post some more, Field Man might like these...we planted a corn maze for a local resturant on a 5 acre field he had behind his Inn/Resturant...should open soon

Dirt Digger2
09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
disking...cant wait to get my new toy out there when we molboard it this fall

Dirt Digger2
09-20-2007, 08:28 PM
that little 4700 2 bottomed plowed everything on the left side of the ravine..then on the opposite slope the 4020 went to work with a 3 bottom...it was rough, virgin ground, never plowed in 30 years or more, poision Ivy vines everywhere and big clumps of sod...it turned out fairly well for the first year planted...this fall we will molboard it again then chisel and disk in the spring and it should be as smooth as a yard by next summer.

Dirt Digger2
09-20-2007, 08:35 PM
heres some grading i did too...everything that is brown was a forest, there was ground out stump holes and everything

Dirt Digger2
09-20-2007, 08:37 PM
besides for mixing all the woodchips with the dirt and filling the larger holes with solid soil it was a pretty gravy job...he just wanted a smooth yard, didnt really care if it was flat or not, just smooth

dozerman21
09-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Looks good! How many hours on the Case? Is that an E or G series? Great machines except for the blade shims.:hammerhead:

DBL
09-20-2007, 08:54 PM
i guess the fun never runs out with you guys the first pic of the stone driveway looks really nice smooth and straight down the edges

Dirt Digger2
09-20-2007, 09:12 PM
dozerman the machine is a 550G longtrack...its got around 3800 hours on her...shes a nice little machine for what its meant to do, light dozerwork and final grading, anything else is asking a little much of it

Tom the stone truck drivers did a real nice job for me...they spread the top coat perfectly and i just went over it with the Takeuchi to touch some stuff up. we'll have to get you out there when we plow...you're always too busy or i always forget to call you when we're working haha...but the maze is right behind the 4 Dogs Tavern and Marshalton Inn...go back in there and check it out, i havent been there since we cut the maze a few weeks ago

dozerman21
09-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Dirt Digger- Do you guys have any other dozers besides the 550? I was wondering if you go back and forth from a hystat?

Dirt Digger2
09-20-2007, 09:27 PM
no, we only have the 550 that we bring in for final grading, everything else we do with backhoes and loaders...however i did spend several hours in a brand new Cat D5 Hystat and let me tell you, that is a NICE machine. It takes getting use to going from a throttle pedal to a decel pedal with rollerwheel speed select but once you get use to it you dont want to go back to the Case...that and the Cat had A/C and Radio in it

DBL
09-20-2007, 10:14 PM
dozerman the machine is a 550G longtrack...its got around 3800 hours on her...shes a nice little machine for what its meant to do, light dozerwork and final grading, anything else is asking a little much of it

Tom the stone truck drivers did a real nice job for me...they spread the top coat perfectly and i just went over it with the Takeuchi to touch some stuff up. we'll have to get you out there when we plow...you're always too busy or i always forget to call you when we're working haha...but the maze is right behind the 4 Dogs Tavern and Marshalton Inn...go back in there and check it out, i havent been there since we cut the maze a few weeks ago

oh i didnt know you guys were doing the work on that maze my guys cut 2 house in a neighborhood that backs up to the tavern and that church next to it

Construct'O
09-20-2007, 10:24 PM
oh i didnt know you guys were doing the work on that maze my guys cut 2 house in a neighborhood that backs up to the tavern and that church next to it

I bet that makes for great conversation on Saturday nights and Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

DBL
09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
I bet that makes for great conversation on Saturday nights and Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

it probably does i dont know too much about the church but that tavern is a pretty busy bar for being out in the country when there are about 20 bars in town

Fieldman12
09-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Dirt Digger2 I like the farming pictures and the grading pictures. I have always liked the corn mazes. Matter of fact we went to one last year. I'm sure I will be going again soon. Oh, like the chrome turn out on the 4020 Diesel. That is a sharp looking tractor.

dozerman21
09-21-2007, 12:24 AM

If the bouncer has to throw anybody out, just toss 'em in the maze... that would be interesting!:drinkup: :dizzy:

Dirt Digger2
09-21-2007, 09:20 AM
If the bouncer has to throw anybody out, just toss 'em in the maze... that would be interesting!:drinkup: :dizzy:

Ha theres no bouncer there, its a "horse bar" all the rich horse people go in there to talk about who knows what...then late at night it turns into a gay bar...so i've heard, i try and stay out of the place after 9. But this fall we'll be parking the 4020 and 3020 in the parking spaces right out front of the door to go in and get a brew