PDA

View Full Version : showing you my new t-shirts before anyone else!!

SangerLawn
09-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I ordered my shirts about 3 weeks ago and they finally arrived. I figured that I got so much help from everyone of you that you should be the first to see them lol. Anyway… just walked in the door with them and was kind of excited. I tried to do something different then just having my logo on it. It seems like that is what everyone else did. You can’t really see the color but they are a safety green (extremely bright). I am hoping by having questions revolving around my name, my name will stick out in there head.

Not sure if it is true or not but seen where the statistics say a single shirt is read 300,000 times before it is thrown away. That’s a lot of eyes!!!! Starting Monday I am going to pass them out to all of my customers with a letter letting them know I will be giving 25% off there next mowing for any sign ups they send me. Here they are and thanks again for all of your help and all of the post!!!!!

Americal Vet
09-14-2007, 06:20 PM
:cool2: Nice approach!

JayD
09-14-2007, 07:02 PM
: Wow......I like that shade of green. It looks nice. Where did you order them from and was the price a good one if you don't mind me asking. I am looking to get shirts also, but its driving me crazy picking out the right color and so on.
Thanks,
Jay:cool2:

joshco84
09-14-2007, 07:06 PM
ditto what JayD said.

SangerLawn
09-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I got them made from shirt wizzard in Jeffersonville indiana. She is a older lady that works out of her home. I didn’t like it that she told me they would be done in 1 week and it took 3, however I am very happy with what I got. They were also the cheapest I could find. They were $6.20 per shirt.i bought 50, so i dont know if the price changes if you buy more or less? She does all kinds of shirts, coats, hats, bags, and almost anything else you can think of.

I have no idea is she ships but if you look on google and do a search, search for shirt wizard 47130….. this will find her. 47130 being the area code. If you do call her, tell her I sent you… maybe ill get a discount with my next order
:weightlifter:

hoskm01
09-14-2007, 07:50 PM
suggestion for your website, pony up and buy sangerlawncare.com. SO much easier to remember.

SangerLawn
09-14-2007, 08:02 PM
lol... i agree... cant afford much right now... spent a butt load on other advertising,,, and i forgot about a web site until my brother in law brought it up.. by then i was out of funds.

having to settle with the web site because it is free until i save more money.

Down2EarthLawns
09-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Very nice.....Kind of close to my company colors. I like the back though. Origional.

Grits
09-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I like it a lot!!! Very original. Can I steal your idea? lol

deere615
09-14-2007, 10:06 PM
It looks pretty nice. I like the color.

SangerLawn
09-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I like it a lot!!! Very original. Can I steal your idea? lol

i would concider it but i will need to trade you for that cape!! lol

joshco84
09-14-2007, 11:49 PM
funny you mention the cape, i have been wanting to know the story on it. I personally am hoping, and i do mean hoping, that it is a random picture you found on the net.

Grits
09-15-2007, 12:15 AM
i would concider it but i will need to trade you for that cape!! lol

Heck, I don't know if I can give up the cape. That's how I get the ladies! I can give you my "cape-maker's" contact info. :laugh:

Grits
09-15-2007, 12:18 AM
funny you mention the cape, i have been wanting to know the story on it. I personally am hoping, and i do mean hoping, that it is a random picture you found on the net.

Let's just say, it may or may not be my alter ego.

backtobasicslawncare
09-15-2007, 08:05 AM
i like those shirts are great to get more customers and the website cool on them to.

TPnTX
09-15-2007, 08:29 AM
a domain name from yahoo is what 10.00 a year? Then you forward it to your existing url and Bam! your good to go. And you t-shirt url still works

SangerLawn
09-15-2007, 09:33 AM
a domain name from yahoo is what 10.00 a year? Then you forward it to your existing url and Bam! your good to go. And you t-shirt url still works

you gotta be kidding!!! i never even looked into it!!! my brother in law said they were like $20.00 a month??? that doesnt sound like much but for this time of the year with work slowing down i didnt want the extra costs.... wish i would have looked into it now... thanks so much!!!

TPnTX
09-15-2007, 09:45 AM
no prob but lets make sure we are on the same page.

You have a url sangerlawncare.bravehost.com that goes somewhere.

So you go to yahoo and purchase a domain. www.sangerlawncare.com if it's available.

Once you buy that it goes nowhere in and of itself but you forward that to sangerlawncare.bravehost.com. What ever you have now is all you get in terms of a website but at least a. you secure the domain name and b. you can configure it to go to you current website

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/

fiveoboy01
09-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Nice shirts, and excellent idea on the back!

SangerLawn
09-16-2007, 01:00 PM
ok... got in trouble... wife wants me to make sure all of you know i came up witht he idea but she designed lol..... guess i am stuck in the dog house for another month:hammerhead:

SangerLawn
09-16-2007, 01:01 PM
thanks for all the complaments!!!!

STRINGALATION
09-16-2007, 09:34 PM
pretty original kinda makes me rethink my idea of wearing mossy oak shirts

SangerLawn
09-16-2007, 10:12 PM
pretty original kinda makes me rethink my idea of wearing mossy oak shirts

i thought the point was to stand out... not to blend in??:dancing:

lifetree
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Good marketing concept !!

toac
09-17-2007, 11:19 AM
you gotta be kidding!!! i never even looked into it!!! my brother in law said they were like $20.00 a month??? that doesnt sound like much but for this time of the year with work slowing down i didnt want the extra costs.... wish i would have looked into it now... thanks so much!!!

godaddy registering - 7.95 for dot com name
ebay - 1 year hosting - 9.95

I've been using the same host for years from ebay. $10 a year, unlimited everything (or so they say, but never had to worry about bandwidth, no more than a couple hundred megs a month)

under $20

SangerLawn
09-19-2007, 10:42 PM
thanks so much for the .com advise.... going to check it out

SangerLawn
04-27-2009, 10:14 PM
It has been a long time since I have visited this site. I thought I would come by and say hello. This forum post has brought back some serious memories and some big laughs. I am now working about 60 hours a week and have some of the best employees I could possible ask for. I am planning on starting my second crew in about 30 days, already pricing new mowers.

Anyway, to all you new people out there starting up I want to say….good luck and don’t give up. It is a long journey but well worth it! Although there will be times that you will want to throw in the towel, I urge you to keep pushing the fight and stay tuned to lawnsite.com. You will learn a lot of very useful info from some of the best pro’s out there.:waving:

lawnpro724
04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
: Wow......I like that shade of green. It looks nice. Where did you order them from and was the price a good one if you don't mind me asking. I am looking to get shirts also, but its driving me crazy picking out the right color and so on.
Thanks,
Jay:cool2:

We have a company around here that uses that green color and it does stand out but I have gotten great results from mine. Bright red with large white letters, very easy to read.

TheC-Master
04-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice, I like the website you did.