PDA

View Full Version : you may NOT edit your posts

americanlawn
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
What does this mean? This shows up when I enter this site. Hope I didn't do anything wrong. rscvp Thanks:usflag:

1MajorTom
09-14-2007, 08:31 PM
No, you have not done anything wrong.
Members can't edit their posts, but I'm not exactly sure why you would be getting that message when you come on the site. Are you sure you are logged in?

Sydenstricker Landscaping
09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I thought you could edit your posts within the first hour you posted them??

Restrorob
09-15-2007, 10:07 AM
One can edit a "new" post for up to 10 minutes after posting, But not after that time has elapsed.

1MajorTom
09-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Well look at that. The resident mechanic on site, knows more that just mechanics. :D
Yep, Rob is correct on the editing of posts. :waving:

Restrorob
09-15-2007, 03:27 PM
That's right Ms Jody, I have seen that pop-up sooo many times I couldn't take a wild guess as to how many. :waving:

Supper Grassy
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
That's right Ms Jody, I have seen that pop-up sooo many times I couldn't take a wild guess as to how many. :waving:

Rob,
i think its spelled jodi

Vikings
09-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't think its "after posting". I think that 10 minute timer starts as soon and you hit "Post Quick reply" or "Go Advanced".

One time I was really going to tell somebody something, I was going to school him.. I think it was in the off topic part. But by the time I got a bunch of links together the 10 minutes was up and I couldn't post anything.. or something like. I forget the specifics.

KS_Grasscutter
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't think its "after posting". I think that 10 minute timer starts as soon and you hit "Post Quick reply" or "Go Advanced".

One time I was really going to tell somebody something, I was going to school him.. I think it was in the off topic part. But by the time I got a bunch of links together the 10 minutes was up and I couldn't post anything.. or something like. I forget the specifics.

Just hit the "post reply" button under the last post.

Restrorob
09-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Rob,
i think its spelled jodi

Hmmm, I suppose it depends on where your from ?

Jodie Foster's profile page at Celebrity Index
Born: 19 November 1962, Los Angeles, California, USA (age 44)
Birth Name: Alicia Christian Foster
Height: 5' 3½" (1.61 m)
Also Known As: Jodie Foster / Jody Foster / Jodi Foster
Awards: Won 2 Oscars. Another 35 wins & 15 nominations
Credited Years: 1968 - 2008
Profession: Actress / Producer / Director
Known for: The Silence of the Lambs / Taxi Driver / Panic Room

This is the person I think of when this name comes up and is the spelling I have seen many many times....

Ann, Awl u foks no Ime nuthen mor thn au rinch spenr. :waving:

Supper Grassy
09-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Rob,
i understand, i was just saying

also i always ghave to think twice on how it is spelled

Vikings
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Just hit the "post reply" button under the last post.

HEY! I never seen that button there.

While we're pointing out the forums short comings, I want to highlight that there is no reverse navigation at the bottom of the page.

Restrorob
09-18-2007, 08:09 PM
If your on a multi-page thread just click on the previous page number to back up.

If your on a single page thread and want to return to that section index click the "Back" button on your computer control panel.

If you want to return to a section index and refresh the page at the same time go up to the index box next to your "logged in" box and click the section you want to return to and refresh.

It's easier done than said....Hopefully I didn't loose ya.

Vikings
09-18-2007, 11:41 PM
If you want to return to a section index and refresh the page at the same time go up to the index box next to your "logged in" box and click the section you want to return to and refresh.

That's the part I don't like.

Some pages are long and I HATE going to the top of the page. Other forums have "index box" (is that what it's called?) duplicated at the bottom of the page.

You really notice a difference in efficiency when you post on several forums.

It seems trivial and it is I suppose BUT...BUT did you ever try going back to a mouse that didn't have a backspace button? then have someone tell you oh, just left click on the back arrow at the top of the page. I mean that is so last century.

Restrorob
09-19-2007, 12:25 AM
did you ever try going back to a mouse that didn't have a backspace button? .

Sorry, Never seen one without a backspace button. Also, I'm a member of 20+ forums and never seen a index box on the bottom either.

Vikings
09-19-2007, 12:34 AM
anandtech forums have them but I only post of 4 forums and I checked, it was only anandtech that had them. I could have swore it was common.

americanlawn
09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
No prob........I figure the ten minute rule was put in place, cuz that's how much time it takes Rob to get beer at the convenenience store and return.

JUST KIDDING!! This site is AWESOME, and all you guys do a very fine job!

Restrorob
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
that's how much time it takes Rob to get beer at the convenenience store and return.

Hey....How did you know that. :confused:

But, It's sooodeee water now, Quit cold turkey Oct. 10th 2000 and haven't looked back. :cool2:

Team-Green L&L
10-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I seem to wait too long a lot also. I'll post something and then hit edit because I was supposed to have an attachment with the post and by the time I hit "Go Advanced > Manage Attachments > find the file > and wait for the upload time...the 10 min. has surpassed. Kind of agitating if you ask me.

AbsoluteH&L
10-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Happy 7 year mark! Good job.

Restrorob
10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Happy 7 year mark! Good job.

Thanks, It's nice having money in my pocket all the time for a change and I own a lot more toys now too....:dancing:

irrig8r
10-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Don't you all think that a longer time period to edit your own posts would reduce the need for moderators to delete?

How many times can you think of that you posted something and afterwards wanted to get back and change it but couldn't... like after you calmed down a little...?

Americal Vet
10-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Don't you all think that a longer time period to edit your own posts would reduce the need for moderators to delete?

How many times can you think of that you posted something and afterwards wanted to get back and change it but couldn't... like after you calmed down a little...?

I think of that sometimes, but try to calm myself prior to posting. Actually there is not a whole lot that trips my trigger other than someone who put's down my country. But, that's just me. To each his own.

MJS
10-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I think of that sometimes, but try to calm myself prior to posting. Actually there is not a whole lot that trips my trigger other than someone who put's down my country. But, that's just me. To each his own.

Ditto that. . . I do wish I could change some of my previous posts though.