PDA

View Full Version : What do ya think???

ok4me2xlr8
09-15-2007, 07:48 PM
hi I was wondering what i should do with one of my lawns it is Bermuda and is looking quite bad i was wondering if this is the time to overseed for this type of grass???

lawnspecialties
09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Typically you overseed bermudagrass late April to early May.

But NCSU has done some trials on earlier seeding. I did a Savannah bermudagrass intial seeding in early March and it turned out great for the first year.

This winter, take a soil sample to your local cooperative extension service. That's a good place to start things.

ok4me2xlr8
09-15-2007, 08:44 PM
so what do you think i should do at this point

lawnspecialties
09-15-2007, 08:53 PM
All my bermuda lawns right now are getting 5-5-25 with Pendimethalin pre-emergent. This is just for the winter burn and to help keep those cool-season annuals down a little. If you're having problems with the lawn, I'd do nothing right now. Definitely DO NOT fertilize with anything high in nitrogen. It's too close to frost time. If it were me, I'd just let it go. It's about to go dormant anyway.

Do you know what type of bermudagrass it is? Can you post some pics?

If it's common bermuda, and the customers are bugged over the appearance, aerate and throw some annual ryegrass on it. You'll look like a genious for at least eight months.:)

ok4me2xlr8
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
here are some pics the pic of the grass on the cement is what the grass is for the most part!

RAlmaroad
09-16-2007, 06:03 PM
hi I was wondering what i should do with one of my lawns it is Bermuda and is looking quite bad i was wondering if this is the time to overseed for this type of grass???

Since you asked. I'm thinking punctuation as in capitals to start a sentence, commas, and periods to end your sentences. Not being nasty or snide, but your grammar makes reading your post almost impossible but your photography is good.