PDA

View Full Version : Is This Good Pay??

backtobasicslawncare
09-15-2007, 11:36 PM
I Still Own My Company And I Have Few Accounts And A Friend Just Hired Me For Work On Saturday And Sunday. Im Getting Paid 8.00 Hr Is That Good?? Im Using Commerical Equipment Now And Its Nice??

privatelawn
09-16-2007, 01:14 AM
$8 an hour is about as cheap as it gets, I start my guys at $10 with no experience

Stillwater
09-16-2007, 01:18 AM
if you are useing your own equipment you should be paid 20 or more

if you are useing your friends equipment you still should be getting several dollars per hr. more.

backtobasicslawncare
09-16-2007, 08:22 AM
i have been owning my lawn business for 2 years and im working with him part time saturday and sunday making 8hr and he said if i did good job i would get 10hr. but he got better equipment then me.

Stillwater
09-16-2007, 08:59 AM
i have been owning my lawn business for 2 years and im working with him part time saturday and sunday making 8hr and he said if i did good job i would get 10hr. but he got better equipment then me.

Then stop useing your equipment imeadeatly right now, and exclusively use his. You are being hosed in wage and 8 an hr does not even come close to offseting the use/depreacieation. can I as how old are you?

topsites
09-16-2007, 09:08 AM
As a general rule, if you have to ask, you've answered your question :)

Grasscub
09-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Go see a doctor that rate is a cheap skate he s no friend he is just taking advantage of ,at least get a job with some pro guy who will pay you proper forget that cheap skate :hammerhead:

Stillwater
09-16-2007, 09:12 AM
As a general rule, if you have to ask, you've answered your question :)

Hey ya,,,your right I never thought of this good call !

If it looks like butt and smells like butt it probibly is butt

topsites
09-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey ya,,,your right I never thought of this good call !

If it looks like butt and smells like butt it probibly is butt

It's hard to remember and I don't always do it, but I realized a few years ago the reason the question pops up is due to experience, this is also how something first dawns on us, a first light of the full-blown realization. See that light, do notice it, it is almost always there for a reason.

You can and will make mistakes, but I found using those little lights gives me an edge in the business, I make final decisions based on those glimmers of a hint all the time. You still have to look back often to make sure in case you made a mistake, doing this helps you hone and sharpen this skill, that's what this is, a skill, to use those first glimmers to spot trouble coming and react to it before it smacks ya :)

It's a built-in Early Warning Device, it clues us in as to what's up and I mean to tell you it pays to learn how it works.

Stillwater
09-16-2007, 10:03 AM
It's hard to remember and I don't always do it, but I realized a few years ago the reason the question pops up is due to experience, this is also how something first dawns on us, a first light of the full-blown idea.

You can and will make mistakes, but I found using those little lights gives me an edge in the business, I make final decisions based on those faint glimmers of a hint quite often, you still have to look back often to make sure in case you made a mistake, so as to hone this skill, that's what this is, a skill, to use those first glimmers to spot trouble coming and react to it before it smacks ya :)

I think that guy is getting the shaft for 8 an hr.

backtobasicslawncare
09-16-2007, 10:08 AM
i dont use my equipment i just used his weedeater. im 18

Wells
09-16-2007, 12:00 PM
I know some companies start their guys as low as $7 per hour and some start them as high as $18 per hour. I would guess the average starting wage is somewhere around $10-$12 depending on experience.

backtobasicslawncare
09-16-2007, 12:04 PM
i thought since i had experince i would least get $10 hr.

Big Bad Bob
09-16-2007, 12:21 PM
I Still Own My Company And I Have Few Accounts And A Friend Just Hired Me For Work On Saturday And Sunday. Im Getting Paid 8.00 Hr Is That Good?? Im Using Commerical Equipment Now And Its Nice??

Get out of this business now!!!! If this guy can get away with hosing you this bad, and you have to ask, I shudder to think what the general customer is doing to you.
I think you could make more at McDonalds.

Jay Ray
09-16-2007, 09:42 PM
The guys is 18. He has plenty time to learn. IMHO it is not really necessary that he quit the business, or quit the employee gig, although he might consider that possibility. They don't hand anybody a silver platter with everything on it just right. All experience is valuable. He has to decide if he is learning enough from the experience to make it worthwhile for him.

Plus everybody needs to have a life and working six days and then Sunday for 8 buck an hour don't leave a lot of time for enjoyment.

Of course if Sunday is double time, that makes it easier to give up some enjoyment.

lifetree
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM
$8 an hour is about as cheap as it gets, I start my guys at $10 with no experience

I agree, this sounds very low for someone with experience !!

Lawnut101
09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I started at 8/hr, part time when I was 15. Now I get at least 11/hr part time. And I'm 18. So, yeah you should get more.