PDA

View Full Version : My long awaited pictures of all my stuff

S man
09-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Here they are. Everything I have so far. Truck is my dads but we work together and everything else is mine paid in cash. Phazer 34" has 33 hours on it. Trailer 5x12, will replace next year with a 7x16 enclosed. Two snappers, one is commercial w/ kawasaki and the other a residential with a briggs dov. Two stihl trimmers one a 85 the other a 80. Redmax eb7001 and echo pb403 blowers. Redmax stick edger he225f and echo hc150 hedge trimmer. Echo cs440 chain saw and a backup echo srm230 trimmer. Also my old wagon from before. I have come along way so far. what ya think??

lifetree
09-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Why did you buy the Phazer ?? They're making them anymore ... your not worried aobut getting spare parts if you need them ?

S man
09-16-2007, 10:15 PM
More..........

S man
09-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Here's my toro 2 cycle proline that I found on the side of a street curb. It worked great for 2 months but then started making a rattling sound and now doesn't want to start. I always put 50:1 mix in it. Weird.

ALarsh
09-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Those phazers look like goofy little things.

S man
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
My dad's truck. 07 ford supercab xl 4.6 lt

S man
09-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Those phazers look like goofy little things.

lol. Yeah it's really goofy when you turn the pto on.

btw I cut small lawns, that's why I don't have a 60" turf tearin' monster.

tjsquickcuts
09-16-2007, 10:37 PM
why is it that most LCO owners lawns look like isssh (no offense S Man)....I was forced by my wife to put our lawn into rotation with some of the neighbors we service.....

JG Landscaping
09-16-2007, 11:09 PM
lol yeah i agree with tjsquickcuts, they always do. (including mine) I think it's because we work all day servicing other peoples properties and when we get home don't even want to think about working more! :laugh:

stuffdeer
09-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Yea, those wheels on the Phazer are small. And the controls look REALLY hard to get to.

Why do you carry SOOO much gas? I have two 1 gallon cans with me.

1. 50:1 mix for Handhelds
2. Straight gas for 21"

I fill everything up onjce a week, and never run out.

What size and kind of engine is on the Phazer? I like the look of it, but comparing it to even my Cub Cadet, it looks small.

Lawn_Boy
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Nice setup-

How does the 21" commercial do mulching? I've heard great bagger, bad muchler.

Supper Grassy
09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Great job -
You have come along way since the last round of pictures.

if you could choose between the redmax and the echo blower which one would it be?

S man
09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Great job -
You have come along way since the last round of pictures.

if you could choose between the redmax and the echo blower which one would it be?

Sorry to be sarcastic but which do you think??? I love the redmax sooo much more than the echo. Echo 44 cc Redmax 62cc

S man
09-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Yea, those wheels on the Phazer are small. And the controls look REALLY hard to get to.

2. Straight gas for 21"

What size and kind of engine is on the Phazer? I like the look of it, but comparing it to even my Cub Cadet, it looks small.

My phazer is awsome and I like it no matter how many dumb comments I get. It has the trivantage deck so the cut is perfect. The engine is the 19 kawasaki non kai version. The width is 34" and gets through every gate. Next year I will get a scag 48" rider or a wright stander for more productivity.

I keep the extra gas cans because I go through my gas like crazy. My stihls and redmax eb7001 love gas so I keep a 5 gallon for the handhelds. The 6 gallon is for straight gas for all mowers. And I have 1 gallon cans for easier filling for the 21"s and the handhelds. Basically the bigger cans are so I don't run out so fast.

ALarsh
09-17-2007, 04:22 PM

2. Straight gas for 21"

So you use 2 gallons of gas a week and ask why anybody else would have a larger tank? lol

Once you actually start cutting grass, then you have to buy more fuel. Kinda neat.

S man
09-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I have close to 50 lawns so gas goes quick between all my equipment. My dad uses the snapper residential, stihl 80, and the echo bp. I use the snapper comm. stihl 85 and redmax bp. And I only use the phazer. He isn't ready to ride it regularly.

RedMax Man
09-17-2007, 06:17 PM
You have alot of nice tools . I just can't figure why mower manufacturers made Zero turn riders as small as the Phazer. To me a stander or walk behind would be alot more productive, even a Walker would fit the job better. Does anyone in your area use Walkers if there are alot of smaller properties with tight spaces? You would be surprised at how many places i fit my walker into and not the walk behind and it greatly reduces the amount of trimming because i can cut close on both sides of the deck and reach under low overhanging areas.

barcode148
09-17-2007, 06:59 PM
what happened to the newer toro commercial?

LawnBoy89
09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
If i could fill everything up with gas once and week and have it last I'd already have a house for myself. I spend over $1000 in gas every month and thats nothing compared to most landscapers I'm only a 1 man show most of the time.

rfed32
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
looking good man...why such a big enclosed next year tho...hows that phazer do on hills and such...was lookin at one last year but desided to buy anoter wb

SNAPPER MAN
09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I think the phazer is so kool. I wish i could get one but its just not practical. NO one here has them, we all use gear drive walkbehinds because we can get two of those for the price of a hydro or rider. I like the snappers, i have two of the commercials with the honda's. I almost never mulch i bag almost everything. Looks good man.

deere615
09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Nice setup! I really like that trailer I think the diamond plate around the wheels looks nice.

stuffdeer
09-17-2007, 10:49 PM
So you use 2 gallons of gas a week and ask why anybody else would have a larger tank? lol

Once you actually start cutting grass, then you have to buy more fuel. Kinda neat.

Acually, I have lawn mowers, trimmers, blowers, And WHOA even an edger.
I think I cut grass, I mean, I back the mower off the trailer, line up on the grass, and pull the switch and a loud sound from the deck comes on, I drive forward and grass SHOOTS out the side.

Yea, to me thats cutting grass. I use about 12 gallons a week. Notice I said fill up EVERYTHING, meaning 10 gallons in the Cub, 2 gallons in tanks.
I dont know if you know it, but 10 + 2 = 12 Gallons!!!

I only use that much, cutting 1 6 acre commercial, a 4 acre residential, (2) 1 acre residentials, and 26 quarter to half acre residentials.

I'm sorry, I only use 12 gallons to do that, should I use more? I'm sorry I'm gas efficient, Should I not be?

Thanks, But I know I cut grass, you don't need to insult me by such stupid comments.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Let me guess, You'd insult me for getting 20 miles to the gallon towing my equipment around too?

I acually was gaining a liking for you, until you leave me stupid comments like this.
In no way was I trying to Put down S-mans Equipment. In fact, If I didnt buy the cub cadet 44", I would of bought the Phazer 34".
My Exmark dealer is crap, and it was my opinion that the wheels look small.

I was asking a question about gas, and he answered it. I didn't know he had around 50 lawns a week. And I heard redmax's drink fuel.

S-Man, How do you manage to do so many lawns in 1 week with school? Do you work on the weekends.

stuffdeer
09-17-2007, 10:55 PM
My phazer is awsome and I like it no matter how many dumb comments I get. It has the trivantage deck so the cut is perfect. The engine is the 19 kawasaki non kai version. The width is 34" and gets through every gate. Next year I will get a scag 48" rider or a wright stander for more productivity.

I keep the extra gas cans because I go through my gas like crazy. My stihls and redmax eb7001 love gas so I keep a 5 gallon for the handhelds. The 6 gallon is for straight gas for all mowers. And I have 1 gallon cans for easier filling for the 21"s and the handhelds. Basically the bigger cans are so I don't run out so fast.

I'm glad you like it, I never said I don't like it.

In fact it is neat, and if I had smaller gates, that'd be my mower of choice.
That 19HP should be PLENTY of power for that mower, my 44" has the 19HP Kawasaki on it.

I get a ton of dumb comments on my mower too, By no means did I try to sound rude, I was just posing the questions and my comment.

ALarsh
09-17-2007, 11:13 PM
stuffdeere--- no point in bitching here over the net. I know we have to deal with enough of that with crazy homeowners, and i'm sure you do to. I just thought it was such a silly comment for him to have a little 6 gallon tank there and get a question wondering what the hell it was for. I only used 220 gallons last month and that is still such a piddly amount compared to a full time lco, I was just wondering what kind of lawns you cut that only takes 2 gallons (or i guess 12 now), fill me in on the secret.

stuffdeer
09-17-2007, 11:18 PM
stuffdeere--- no point in bitching here over the net. I know we have to deal with enough of that with crazy homeowners, and i'm sure you do to. I just thought it was such a silly comment for him to have a little 6 gallon tank there and get a question wondering what the hell it was for. I only used 220 gallons last month and that is still such a piddly amount compared to a full time lco, I was just wondering what kind of lawns you cut that only takes 2 gallons (or i guess 12 now), fill me in on the secret.

What do you mean, "Type of lawns"?

I mean, Of course, that is not including my truck fuel, however you cannot count that, as That is my personal truck and Work truck.
You really use 220 gallons in your equipment?! Wow... I'd die if I used that much. haha

JG Landscaping
09-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Not to hijack the thread but stuffdeere didn't you get another cub, a tank? Just wondering why its not in your picture.

stuffdeer
09-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Not to hijack the thread but stuffdeere didn't you get another cub, a tank? Just wondering why its not in your picture.

I bought the enforcer after the pic was taken. I take the picture at the beginning of each year, to see growth from last year. So this spring, it'll be there.

RedMax Man
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I spend over $1000 in gas every month and thats nothing compared to most landscapers...
How big of an operation do you have going. Thats a crazy amount of fuel.

ALarsh
09-18-2007, 07:35 PM
What do you mean, "Type of lawns"?

I mean, Of course, that is not including my truck fuel, however you cannot count that, as That is my personal truck and Work truck.
You really use 220 gallons in your equipment?! Wow... I'd die if I used that much. haha

220 gallons in truck also for business. My last fuel bill was $657.80

South Florida Lawns
09-18-2007, 07:56 PM
S-man that set up is awesome man. You have come a long way even going through the storms it looks like the company has survived and is doing well. yes the phazers and 34" toros look odd and thats because they are so small. But in the end they make the money, get the job done and thats all that matters.

S man
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Everyone, I like my compact rider. Period. I don't like w/bs hydro or gear. I don't like pistol controls and I don't like having to screw with the back wheels on a fixed deck to adjust the cutting height. I don't like walking and I don't like needing a sulky. The phazer fit what I needed and cost the same as a comparable gear drive after sulky and access. and less than a hydro w/b and much less than a wright stander or walker. I do agree I need more power for next year and will get a lazer hp or something for wider spaces. for now I good with my phazer. It feel more productive and have more energy sitting and enjoying the ride. Anyway, most lcos I've talked to, said DO NOT GET A W/B!!! I took their advice.

Btw, how do you back a geardrive w/b with a sulky on without putting it in reverse??? never used a w/b with a sulky.

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-14-2007, 09:33 PM
people in our area, meanin metairie and kenner dont use W/B, they use Walkers with the bagger.

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
and 21 inch W/B

KS_Grasscutter
10-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Everyone, I like my compact rider. Period. I don't like w/bs hydro or gear. I don't like pistol controls and I don't like having to screw with the back wheels on a fixed deck to adjust the cutting height. I don't like walking and I don't like needing a sulky. The phazer fit what I needed and cost the same as a comparable gear drive after sulky and access. and less than a hydro w/b and much less than a wright stander or walker. I do agree I need more power for next year and will get a lazer hp or something for wider spaces. for now I good with my phazer. It feel more productive and have more energy sitting and enjoying the ride. Anyway, most lcos I've talked to, said DO NOT GET A W/B!!! I took their advice.

Btw, how do you back a geardrive w/b with a sulky on without putting it in reverse??? never used a w/b with a sulky.

Thats the way I look at it, if there is ANY way I can avoid walking I am gonna do it.

S man
10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Thats the way I look at it, if there is ANY way I can avoid walking I am gonna do it.

Yes indeed.