PDA

View Full Version : how to NOT transport a backhoe...

Dirt Digger2
09-17-2007, 08:42 PM
well i was at a tractor dealership buying myself a new toy and they had this sitting there...looks like it hit a bridge, pretty hard at that

Dirt Digger2
09-17-2007, 08:43 PM
another view...the fence gets in the way

deere615
09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Dang that took some force to smash it that much! I huess it was strapped down good!:laugh: :laugh:

kreft
09-17-2007, 09:31 PM
so what toy did you buy?

mattfromNY
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Someone's been watching too much television. Thats the worst 'Chop job' I've ever seen. Jesse James would be appalled. LOL.

dozerman21
09-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Someone's been watching too much television. Thats the worst 'Chop job' I've ever seen. Jesse James would be appalled. LOL.

Ahh... You beat me to it! I was thinking that it looks like one of those "Cali-Style" 'hoes!:laugh:

Dirt Digger2
09-17-2007, 11:12 PM
so what toy did you buy?

it's in another thread of mine..."i shouldnt be on ebay late at night"

Dirt Digger2
09-17-2007, 11:13 PM
look at the knuckle on the boom/dipper...its been sheared right off!!

SinjonAssociates
09-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Not a bridge, the muffler is standing higher than the cab?!!!

dozerman21
09-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Not a bridge, the muffler is standing higher than the cab?!!!

Yeah, it is now.:)

Fieldman12
09-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Talk about making you feel sick to your stomach. Poor old backhoe.

Gravel Rat
09-18-2007, 03:26 AM
It is just a JCB there is no real loss :laugh:

Scag48
09-18-2007, 04:19 AM
It is just a JCB there is no real loss :laugh:

Good call :drinkup:

Fieldman12
09-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I thought about saying that Gravel Rat but I did not want to offend any one. They are probably an okay machine though.

Dirt Digger2
09-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I've never liked JCB myself either...the place where i took this picture is having an auction in 2 weeks...my guess is that it was a Hertz rental backhoe that a renter didnt take to kindly to and they are going to auction it off for parts or scrap.

Gravel Rat
09-19-2007, 03:18 AM
I spent allot of time in a JCB backhoe I was not really impressed.

gammon landscaping
09-20-2007, 11:13 PM
i think that is normal wear and tare for a jcb i am guessing 1500 hours and they just fall down like that

turboawd
09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
why all the jcb hate?

that's an old jcb. go drive an old anything, and you'll say the same thing.

jcb sells the most backhoes in the world.

ksss
09-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Yea, well Ford sells the most pickups in the USA, Bobcat sells the most skid steers and I don't buy either of those either (and you can add JCB to the list).

Scag48
09-22-2007, 05:35 PM
JCB's are rolling oil puddles, I've never seen a JCB backhoe that wasn't leaking fluid or oil or both all over the ground when parked overnight. I'll pass on those beasts. A guy I work with rented a JCB 140 excavator last year and said it was grossly underpowered and couldn't hold a candle to a major 3 120 so I think their reputation for average equipment follows them throughout their various product lines. I don't care much for their skid steers, either.

Have a hard time believing this thing hit an overpass, the stack is above the cab. I think someone dropped something on it. A hit to an overpass would've sheared the cab off, it wouldn't have pressed down like that. Still don't know what happened to the stick, that's a little odd.

accurate machinery
09-22-2007, 08:07 PM
I knew someone would pipe in about the "no loss, just a JCB". I guess JCB deserves it after some of the bone head reliability issues that they are known for. That is not all they are known for....
I can't speak for the line other than the telescopic forklifts and loader backhoes, the excavators and wheel loaders are after my time. I worked for a JCB Dealer from 1986 to 1991, I met Mr. JCB (Joseph Cyril Bamford) at his factory in the Midlands England. He was hanging out in the engineering department still offering his hand, I guess he was in his 70's at the time.The company is innovative and with innovation comes bugs. Once the bugs are worked out it is a decent machine. Maybe not the best and along with that probably not the most expensive.
Check out JCB's shim pack extending dipper, as it gets slop from wear you can pull out shims then it is tight again. Once the shims are gone the extending dipper has replaceable wear strips that just sit in saddles or are bolted into place, no torch cutting, no welding, replace the wear strip add new shims then the extending dipper is ready to go all over again. JCB has had this design since about 1988 or 1989, now Komatsu and New Holland both incorporate a very similar design.
JCB's telescopic boom forklifts were also telescopic loaders with a quick attach loader bucket, it was pretty interesting but you could operate a loader bucket 36 feet high!. The Loadall could telescopic a load of concrete 23 feet in front of the front axle and dump it where no machine could go. I know that this is common place today, but this was 1986, no other company was offering that option.
Has anyone seen the recent JCB Diesel land speed record? Set with their own home built diesel engines in the JCB Dieselmax, 350 mph! I guess since Cat bought Perkins JCB decided to make their own diesels and prove they could run.
Yes, I have seen my share of oil leaks, electrical nightmares and parts prices that could strain anyones wallet! I have also seen all of the dealers have to sharpen their pencil because there was a JCB on the deal.

Fieldman12
09-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I saw the JCB dancing diggers at the bowling Green Ohio tractor pulls. I want to say that they said JCB was the one who invented the backhoe. Maybe I could be wrong but it sticks in my mind for some reason. I wont say anything bad about them because I have never run them. I have seen the video clip with the 350hp Diesel Max

Fieldman12
09-22-2007, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXn_56azzlg