PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Lawn

inline lawn care
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
My home lawn is very uneven. I want it to have a smooth golf course look. How do I get it that way? Thanks.

topsites
09-18-2007, 09:04 PM
A few pictures would help, there's no telling if the issue is landscaping or weeds or the mower or what it could be, need more details.

In the meantime I can give you a few tips, such as developing lawn care into a side hobby of yours.
Because there's no ueber secret to it, other than consistent care and maintenance, this includes the machine(s) but is not limited to just one aspect... It's a little bit like with cars, if you do nothing else to it then change the oil and do so religiously... Before you know it the stupid thing draws you in, but it starts with a plan and some kind of a commitment.

Depending on your level of commitment that's likely wherein lies the solution, a golf course finish is no simple task but it could range from something as simple as the mower blades need sharpening all the way to oh boy where do I start... :)
If it's something simple there's nothing to it, but if it's more than that then you need a plan.

Hence pictures might reveal more specific issues that would help in giving concrete answers, out of these you can form said plan.

Peace

DillonsLawnCare
09-18-2007, 09:21 PM
a golf course consists of bermuda grass. frequently watered.

willjones4
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Its probably one of the following:

Blades are dull/bent/worn out or mounted upside down

Deck is adjusted unevenly

Deck is bent

Spindles where blades attach need replacing

What kind of machine are you using (if its you doing it)?

Wells
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Sounds like you need to do a topdressing.
It should help smooth the yard back out.