PDA

View Full Version : pwer stroke diesel smoking

General Grounds
09-18-2001, 08:30 PM
:blob2: :blob2: i recently purchaesd my second 2001 psd, the truck has 1340 miles on it, saturday the truck had a 1/4 tank of fuel so i filled it up at exxon, not soon after the truck would smoke when i came to a stop. the truck would not smoke if idleing nor at a 40-55 steedy speed, but would smoke at a steady speed of 20-30 but very little almost unoticable. this has me worried to the point that i have parked the truck until the dealer can look at early next week. Any suggestions of possible proble.T

09-18-2001, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry I can't offer any ideas :( , but another place you could try posting is in the Ford truck forum over at Plowsite.

Plowsite is associated with Lawnsite, so your username/password from here should get you on there OK. And there's a link to Plowsite at the top of the page, so it's easy to get to!

Good luck tracking down the cause of the smoking, hopefully there isn't any problem.

khouse
09-19-2001, 12:54 AM
What color is the smoke? Black smoke means it's running OK. Blue smoke can mean the pump is lean among burning oil. White smoke is water. My guess is everything is OK. If the humidity is high you'll see the smoke down lower to the ground. I'm not saying don't take it to the dealer. They can tell you for sure.

sdwally
09-19-2001, 09:51 AM
If it smokes while accelerating check the air filter. Diesels will blow black smoke during heavy accelerating or under heavy loads, thats normal. If air filters are dirty or partally plugged the will smoke black due to the lack of air.