PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think??????

GREENTIMEJG
09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
I am wanting to start a landscaping and lawn care business next spring.I have landscaping experience and have also mowed lawns and in the past have had a applicators license. I will be able to do work wed-saturday.I am kinda concerned that if i mow and it rains wed and Thursday that i would be screwed. I could do one or two small landscaping jobs a week and if it rains just finish it the next week.Where do you think I could make the most money? Is it easier to get mowing or landscape accounts? What would you do. If i do mowing I was also going to do power washing.

cgaengineer
09-20-2007, 09:46 AM
There are people on here that have far less time then you running a side business, some only have time during the evening and on weekends like myself.

topsites
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I would try out various things, then stick with what you like best, you don't want to get into too much because you might become a Jack of all trades, but you do need some variety and a little extra so you can choose.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain, it's wet, falls from the sky, yeah, part of the job.

cgaengineer
09-20-2007, 01:48 PM
I would try out various things, then stick with what you like best, you don't want to get into too much because you might become a Jack of all trades, but you do need some variety and a little extra so you can choose.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain, it's wet, falls from the sky, yeah, part of the job.

Speaking of jack of all trades, my neighbor and also my customer, have me do all kinds of stuff around the house, hanging pictures, move stuff, install low voltage wires, firewood delivery, household repairs and auto repair! I get paid for it all, but you wouldnt want to do this for all of your customers!