PDA

View Full Version : Truck brand poll

mower&more1986
09-20-2007, 01:47 PM
cast your vote and keep it clean

mower&more1986
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
The reason Gmc is not the is because theres not much difference between chevy and Gmc

Shopkeeper
09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I love my toyotas. I had a 94 toyota 4x4 pickup auto ext cab that was an absolute tank. I ran that truck into so many things, ran over so many things, hauled a **** ton of weight, went off roading in some sickening places, and just all around beat the living hell out of that truck and the thing that finally killed that truck was me pulling out in front of a cadillac going 70 mph. :(

Now I have an 01 4x4 Ext Cab Auto Tundra that's going to be put to the test. I got it at 122k in April and it's already got 132k on it. Damn thing runs like new. My dad has an 03 just like mine with 28k miles (he got it at 14k) and you wouldnt be able to tell which one has less miles on it. Another note about my Tundra is, I had the payload maxed out on it and the 4.7L V8 it has in it performed flawlessly. The only reason I could tell there was anything in the bed was because the rpms were slightly higher than normal.

I'm not really opposed to the other brands, it's just that I've seen my buddies Ford's and Chevy's break down a lot. One buddy has a 95 F-150 4.9L V6 with a 5spd and he's replaced almost all of the rear end (It's only got 70k on it) and quite a few parts in the engine. Another friend had a 1989 K1500 that constantly had something to be worked on. It had 130k miles. That friend now has a 96 Ford Bronco with 210k on it and things break all the time. Granted, his Bronco's old and it's doing pretty damn good for how old it is, but I love my toyotas.

My mom had a 97 Grand prix and it was being worked on all the time. It never hit 100k. In the same amount of time my first Toyota was being abused and just kept going.

Not tryingn to ruffle any feathers, just sharing my experiance.

carcrz
09-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Anymore I think they are all good, it's the price that drove me to buy a Dodge w/ a Cummins.

lawnboy dan
09-20-2007, 06:43 PM
i just bought another toyota to replace my 93 chevy. in the past year i had to replace the fuel pump-the timming chain and rebuild the steering colume-its only got 97k on it too! jap trucks rule

mike lane lawn care
09-20-2007, 07:11 PM
i have a 99 GMC, I love it to death, but she needs work like every weekend. which i don't mind.

RedWingsDet
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
IMO they are all the same, they all have their own problems, but none the less problems that will cost you money in the future. Sometimes its just luck when nothing goes wrong, but for the most part after 5 years or so stuff will start to break, and at 10 years start looking at replacing it.
None of them will last forever so dont get upset when stuff breaks. All I ask is please buy american (ford or gm).

However, that said, I have had great *luck* with GM (nock on wood) so I prefer GM vechicles.

deere615
09-20-2007, 11:19 PM
GMC is just General Motors Canada :laugh: I like chevy or Gmc, but I would buy a ford especially a 450 or 550 dump. I just don't like the new F-150's they seem very cheaply made.

Lynden-Jeff
09-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Ford or dodge. No GMC especially for plowing,