PDA

View Full Version : Winter months price change?

stevenf
09-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Do you wait for your customers to request twice a week cuts when it starts to slow down in growth toward the end of the year or do you have a set schedual like twice a week starting in october?
Also, I know most (along with myself) charge more for biweekly cuts then I do for weekly cuts. Do you keep the same price when you start cutting your weekly customers biweekly? Or do you give them the biweekly price?

privatelawn
09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
I pretty much have it set, nov-april biweekly but I charge per month so there monthly price does not change.

Wells
09-20-2007, 08:40 PM
I've noticed that clients like it when "you" take the inititive to cut their grass only when it really requires it. As the grasses start to slow down in growth I start putting clients on a two-week schedule.

Just this week alone I placed about 1/2 dozen accounts on the two-week schedule, eventually almost all of our clients end up on that schedule.

Do I charge more because their only being serviced every other week? No, because "I" placed them on that schedule they didn't ask to be put on it.

stevenf
09-20-2007, 08:43 PM
So yall do cut during the winter (year round)???????

Down2EarthLawns
09-20-2007, 09:02 PM
That's how I do it too. Same rate, just don't cut as much.

Sweet Tater
09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
In north Mississippi the grass stops growing around Nov. So I stop my regular service on Oct 31 and put everyone on "will call" probably won't start again until about April.

privatelawn
09-20-2007, 10:53 PM

Here in florida we do, every month of the year, cant wait for november, start cutting every 2 weeks and still get as much $$$ or do mulch jobs and stuff on the weeks I dont mow and make twice as much

topsites
09-20-2007, 11:16 PM
No, my customers already pay enough for their services, part of my job is to make sure the lawn only gets cut as needed. Probably 5 bucks of every cut is pure extra, this tends to include certain nonsense that comes around, unless it's a lot of extra work the usual cut fee includes the run of the mill year round stuff.

And no, nobody in va cuts their grass once it stops growing, that I know of.

Wells
09-20-2007, 11:53 PM

Not here, our last cuts are scheduled for October 26th.
We won't start up again until April.

jbannick18
09-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Best way to do it in fl is monthly as stated before nov-fed biweekly march - oct weekly.