PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Film for Mower Decks

Dano50
09-21-2007, 04:25 PM
http://postthatpic.com/files/216/FFOneGalLS.jpg

There has been some discussion on here before about the effectiveness of Fluid Film for keeping grass from clumping under mower decks. Well, I have received some good feedback on this and now understand the discrepency in recommendations.

Using Fluid Film in bulk will dramatically increase the effectiveness of the application. It is thicker in form and will last significantly longer as it saturates deeper into of the pores of the deck. Buying in bulk is also cheaper in the long run as well.

I would personally love to see some more feedback on this application, especially with the use of the bulk product. The aerosol form is perfect for most applications, but apparently it is not nearly as effective for this one.

Supper Grassy
09-21-2007, 05:08 PM
I will try that when i get around to buying some FF. . .

Nosmo
09-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Got a sample can after requesting it -- I believe it was about this time last year. I somehow never got around to putting it to use until week before last.

Tried it out after applying it the evening before I mowed. It was dripping wet dewy bermuda and crabgrass and afterwards there was grass under the deck around the baffles. The good news is -- the grass almost fell off when I raked it with my deck cleaning tool. (a piece of 1/2" conduit flattened and bent on one end) .

I read on a website Fluid Film was available at TSC but I couldn't find it at our local store. I don't like doing business over the internet -- are there other outlets for instance Lowes, Walmart or Auto Zone etc.

Nosmo

Dano50
09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Nosmo, we are not currently available in the big box stores, but you can find your closest retailer by clicking this link: http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/locator/dealer.html

If there is no one near you selling it, approach your local John Deere Ag dealer and tell them you want to buy some. We are in their system.

Nosmo
09-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Thank you for your reply Dano. I found a dealer by using the link in your post. There may be some more viewers in my area so I am posting the dealer's location.

Oklahoma Rig & Supply
432 South G St
Muskogee, OK 74402
Tel: 918-687-5441

I'm going to get some more of your Fluid Film it certainly does work.

Nosmo

Dano50
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Fluid Film is also highly effective on hedge trimmer blades. For the same reason that it works well under mower decks, it will help keep sap and debri from sticking to blades for easy cleanup.

Nosmo
09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I found out that Oklahoma Rig and Supply has moved and they are strickly wholesale to distributors only. I will try a John Deere dealership.

Nosmo

Sweet Tater
09-28-2007, 12:06 AM
I have been using FF under the deck of my Lazer Z, almost looks like I keep it polished. Works great imo.

gilatplc
10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
I have been using FF under the deck of my Lazer Z, almost looks like I keep it polished. Works great imo.

In what form?? spray or bulk??

I have been using spray can methed for a littel while and it doesnt seem to work.
So I was hoping to look in to another methed.

Help please,,

Gil

KathysLGC
10-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I use the spray form on my deck and i find it does a good job but the trick i find to work is multiple thin layers. When changing my blades or sharpening them I'll leave the mower up. I'll remove the blades then scrape the deck clean. I'll then apply a thin layer of FF, get a Corona and sharpen my blades. I'll spray another layer then get another Corona. I'll put the blades on and check the mower belts, air filter, cooling fins. I'll grease the grease zerks and wipe off the excess old grease. Time for another Corona and a 3rd layer of FF. 3 thin layers work for me and really make a difference. Sure I can get it in bulk and just glob it on but i have to do all the other maintenance anyways so i don't mind the 3 layer process.