PDA

View Full Version : Using greens areators on lawns

Royalslover
09-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Has anyone ever tried using a greens areator on lawns?

Runner
09-22-2007, 02:18 PM
On many of them the tines are much shorter, so you wouldn't get adequate penetration to actually loosen up the turf. Another thing is, is that the tines are not nearly as bigin diameter, so the effectiveness would be much less (if not lost), there too.

Scarlawnturf
09-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Besides running my business, I still work at a local golf course a few mornings every week. The aerarors we've used all have the option of changing tine size and some of them can do deep tine aeratine. But the problem to me would be speed. Most of them would be too slow for residential work

Jason Rose
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Iv'e seen it done around here, couple different guys, Toro greens aerators. Like said, I know you can get a lot of different tines, and they actually pull deeper cores than a normal walkbehind model. Big disadvantage is the size of the machine, you can't get close to anything and forget the gates less than 5 feet wide. Also slow... Another thing is that the wide flotation tires mat the whole lawn down pretty bad after going around and around so many times with it (saw this first hand).