PDA

View Full Version : Orladno Florida LCO's Need Some Personal Help On Mower

vaulta
09-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I live in Orlando and trying too get my business going, I only have about 10 accounts. I bought this used mower 36" walk behind for none-thing and just started having electrical problems. I am not getting a spark and tried alot of things, wonted too know if any locals could help me out personally, or just take a look at it if I bring it too them. I would greatly appreciate it, I cant afford too bring it in too a shop yet because I just dumped all my money in equipment and right know I am out of commission with no mower. Thank you so much!
christopher

topsites
09-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah good luck, look...

Go to the Mechanic and Repair sub-section and post your problem, you will likely have to DIY but there are a lot of real savvy DIY'ers here who will tell you how and what to do.

Patriot Services
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Let's start with what kind of engine? Most newer engines have a small igniter pack on the side. It looks like a silver or black cube about 1" with 1-2 wires coming out. This item is what usually goes 90% of the time about 50 bucks for the part. No big deal. I would troubleshoot all their safety's first though. You do that by connecting the 2 wires on each safety switch together one at a time. DO THIS WITH THE SPARK PLUG OUT AND BE CAREFUL! You should have safety switches on the dead-man handles, the blade engagement and the tranny if its a belt drive. I really think its your igniter though, keep us posted.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Moderator, can we keep this one here, these new guys need to learn how to work on their own stuff.

vaulta
09-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Yea I can see the igniter pack on the side, What do you mean by connecting the two wires on the safety switches. I know where the safety switches are under the controls. But, how exactly do you test them, sorry not sure what you mean by that. Take the wires out and touch them together for spark?thanx for the help
c

Patriot Services
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Exactly, I made a test lead out a short piece of wire with 2 alligator clips on the ends. If you connect the two wires and get spark you have a bad safety switch.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

vaulta
09-23-2007, 10:53 PM
ok cool I will try this, thanx again

sancho_man_orlando
09-23-2007, 11:25 PM
If you don't get this figured out and your customers won't quit calling... call me. I'll take care of them for you...

vaulta
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Me and my friend where screwing with it today. We unplugged a wire that was connected too the ignition pack? (cube metal piece on the side of the engine) It had a white wire and black wire that came together with another white and black with a black plastic piece that hooked together that goes too the controls it looks like, and bam spark. We screwed the spark plug back in and tried starting it with the wire unplugged and it started in the first half pull and ran great. But, the blades wont engage and kill switch dont work have too choke it out too stop the mower. Does this mean the safety switch needs too be replaced? It will only start with these connections white black wire unplugged?thanx

Patriot Services
09-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Sounds like maybe the kill switch is bad. As for the blades, do you have a electric clutch? If so try jumping that switch. What brand mower is this anyway? Glad you got it started, you might have to live with the choke kill until you get this sorted out.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

vaulta
09-25-2007, 10:00 PM
its a John Deere Gs30 36" walk behind with a kohlercommand13 I think on it, belt drive about seven years old.

Patriot Services
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
How is it going? Have you been able to take care of your accounts?:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: