PDA

View Full Version : New Truck

MysticLandscape
09-22-2007, 04:23 PM
2007 F350 XLT Powerstorke 9 Ft. Dump and 9ft X blade. :cool2:

RedMax Man
09-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Thats pretty freakin nice Tim. I gotta come check it out now. Yesterday i put a new set of tires on my truck i'll get some pics up.

DoetschOutdoor
09-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Very nice!

BMFD92
09-22-2007, 05:32 PM
nice truck and good luck:usflag:

PORTER 05
09-22-2007, 05:35 PM
sweeeeeeet.....where do you buy those new fords???Danvers ford?i bring mine up there from gloucester to get serviced and worked on when theres a problem...did the plow come from brake&clutch....you know wat would look good on that, is S/S diamond plated sideboards and matching S/S toolboxes under the dumpdody...nice to see somone close with some nice trucks - keep it up , GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont mind me asking but, wat are the montly payments on that truck, im looking into buying a newer dump next spring, dont know whether to go brand new or mid or old , so it would be helpful ..thanks!!!!

South Florida Lawns
09-22-2007, 05:36 PM
that is one clean looking ride there good luck with it and hope it makes you money.

deere615
09-22-2007, 05:38 PM
That is a very nice truck an plow!

ALarsh
09-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow sweet truck! How many accounts are you up to?

Is it just me or does it look like the plow is really close to the front bumper? Is it attached to the truck in those pics?

N.H.BOY
09-22-2007, 09:22 PM
VERY, VERY sweet, It's no bad they get all dirty from the salt in the winter time huh:cry:

Supper Grassy
09-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Wow, Nice Truck

MysticLandscape
09-23-2007, 09:47 AM
sweeeeeeet.....where do you buy those new fords???Danvers ford?i bring mine up there from gloucester to get serviced and worked on when theres a problem...did the plow come from brake&clutch....you know wat would look good on that, is S/S diamond plated sideboards and matching S/S toolboxes under the dumpdody...nice to see somone close with some nice trucks - keep it up , GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont mind me asking but, wat are the montly payments on that truck, im looking into buying a newer dump next spring, dont know whether to go brand new or mid or old , so it would be helpful ..thanks!!!!

I like that idea for the diamond plated side boards.. any idea where I might be able to get that done? I get my trucks at portsmouth ford. I hate the guys at Danvers after a few bad experences. Plow was done in portsmouth, dump was done in salem. If i remember you go to Don's for your mowers and Stuff, I am right up the street about 1/2 a mile. Next time you know your gunna be in the area shoot me a PM and you got check it out in person if you want.

MysticLandscape
09-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Wow sweet truck! How many accounts are you up to?

Is it just me or does it look like the plow is really close to the front bumper? Is it attached to the truck in those pics?

Around 65 accounts, I got ride of about 15 little yards in the city and added a bunch of houses in the area of 600K+ in nieghbooring towns. The plow in the truck and its angled all the way that is pro what makes it look like its close.

TriplePLandscaping
09-23-2007, 10:17 AM
beautfiul setup. Everything looks great!!. You have 65 accounts and only run two mowers? How do you get the bagged grass into the dump??

MysticLandscape
09-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Green barrels. Ya the most yards are arouynd 1/2 acre perfect for the walker. The encore only comes out about twice a day. Thought about adding a stander but don't really have the need.

IHusky
09-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Now thats being prepared for the next ice age, looks real good!!!!!!!!!

PORTER 05
09-23-2007, 12:10 PM
ya i run Exmark / and Echo stuff , so Dons the place for that . i dont know when the next time ill be up there but when ever i come up next ill let you know love to see those 2 trucks up close

as far as the diamond plated side-boards - ive see alot of nice trucks like youres with them, i do not know where they get it done though, ive always planned on doing it once i get a nice truckv like youve have got..

im pritty sure they just build a wooden side board then just wrap it with the diamond plate....i would try maybe brack & clutch , maybe the trailer shop in danvers , or maybe some custom metal fab guy, like i said ive seen it alot so i know someone does it.

i was just up on 114 with my GF last night, and i stopped at the little Danvers Ford dealership there, i think they only have about 10 trucks ther,e but i was looking at that F-550 diesel with the 12 FT rack body landscaper bed, asking $57,000, and it had no plow or sander, so once youve added that and decals - stobes ect youre in the $70,000 area, alittle to much for me!

how much was that truck , wat are the payments???--my buddy bought a 06 GMC 3500 , dually 1 ton dump with the duramax with the 8 1/2 fisher S/S X-blade for i think like almost $60,000 he has to pay like $970 a month with i thik like another $400 in insurance.

DBL
09-23-2007, 12:57 PM
wow an xlt dump....nice looking rig

MysticLandscape
09-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks, truck and plow together were 44k. Monthly payments is around 690. I am only 19 so I had to take a slighty higher interest rate so that I could do it in my name and have to get a co-signer. An extra $20 a month but its worth it for my credit score so future purchases.

Patatoe1
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
We have an '03 F-550 black with the diamond plate sides. They look real sharp.

Can I ask what you pay for the other truck?

PORTER 05
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
holy crap youre only 19, way to go!!!!! i though you where like 50

do you have any employes , or do you work solo.

you must have that other 350 on payments 2 huh...thats got to be sorta rought paying off those 2 high payments at a young age, , i wouldnt try it, but WAY to go, thats awsome, im 23 and i though i was doing good!

lawncare18
09-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Ok well great set up and I love both your trucks... But here is my view and only mine and I am sure people will bash me... but why would you want a payment so so high...?? I dont understand why esp young guys go runing out buying 2 3 new trucks and have these huge payments??? How do you make any money>?? Me personally I try to pay for everything with cash.. do pay payments on my truck but I cant imagine 600 plus a month.. Id rather be making profit.. but hey just my opinion.. I understand the whole image thing etc etc but around here people want quality.. I see a guy everyday with an older truck and set up but yet he is a massive landscaper around here who does a ton of work... just my two cents guys..

PORTER 05
09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
i sopose if you make enough money to cover everything in youre buisness and in life and youre still making alot of money over that , then i can see spending that extra money on nice trucks , its nice to work in nice stuff like that, but i do agree in spending that much plus another newer trucks payments ever month, i could afford it, and have enought money for living but i wouldnt be making any profit, thats for sure, its all about if you want to make profit or have really nice stuff, or maybe if hes doing really well hes doing all three!

MysticLandscape
09-23-2007, 06:46 PM
They way i see it is, both trucks will last me 10 years. I am young so why not make payments on a truck and build credit cause someday i will be making payments on a house and might not be able to have such nice stuff. As a 19 year old kid what other expense do you have the trucks and beer right. (dont mix them tho)

Capemay Eagle
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Ok well great set up and I love both your trucks... But here is my view and only mine and I am sure people will bash me... but why would you want a payment so so high...?? I dont understand why esp young guys go runing out buying 2 3 new trucks and have these huge payments??? How do you make any money>?? Me personally I try to pay for everything with cash.. do pay payments on my truck but I cant imagine 600 plus a month.. Id rather be making profit.. but hey just my opinion.. I understand the whole image thing etc etc but around here people want quality.. I see a guy everyday with an older truck and set up but yet he is a massive landscaper around here who does a ton of work... just my two cents guys..I think a new truck sets a nice image for your business, makes you look more professional IMO..

ALarsh
09-24-2007, 12:32 AM
So you typically have yourself on the walker and another guy doing timming/blowing? If you do it like that, don't you find the trimmer guy getting done early and just sitting around? Are you going to be adding another mower at all?

How many plowing accounts do you have? Do you do all resis or commercial also?

Are you planning on going to college?

Guzman Properties
09-24-2007, 12:55 AM
FREAKIN SWEET looking RIG!!!!

Good luck with it!!!!:clapping:

Petr51488
09-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Nice Truck. I agree with you on the truck decision. That thing will make you tons of money. Who cares if your payments are 900 a month. I'm in the same shoes as you are. You work your a$$ off for the money, spend it how you wish. Hell, i bought a brand new infiniti a few years back and don't regret it one bit. Sure the payments were high, but i worked for it and wanted something nice to drive in. Now it's paid for and i'm soon going to be ordering an 08 gmc 2500 diesel. Good luck with your business!

lawnkid
09-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey the dealer called and said they dropped the truck off at the wrong house and that they were gonna come pick it up and deliver it to mine. Nice rig. Would match our two black trucks very well. Keep up the good work

MysticLandscape
09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
So you typically have yourself on the walker and another guy doing timming/blowing? If you do it like that, don't you find the trimmer guy getting done early and just sitting around? Are you going to be adding another mower at all?

How many plowing accounts do you have? Do you do all resis or commercial also?

Are you planning on going to college?

Right now I got one guy that works for me when I am in school. He takes care of all the mowing. When I get out I either mow with him or do whatever else needs to get done. I dont plan on adding another mower. Right now i got 50 residental plowing accounts and I am waiting to hear back from some commerical accounts. I started college at the begining of september and its going good so far. Another major reason I bought this truck was school, I cant be at two places at once a I had been using my employees truck to go to school and he would take mine home at the end of the day and If I had to be responisble for two trucks I want them to be my own.

ALarsh
09-25-2007, 12:09 AM
I think I have talked to you before on aim but whats your s/n again?

MysticLandscape
09-25-2007, 12:19 AM
I think I have talked to you before on aim but whats your s/n again?

MysticLawnmaint

zim bob the landscaper
09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
damn thats nice makes me caint wait to get my truck!! which is in about 6 months.

RedMax Man
09-27-2007, 08:56 PM
damn thats nice makes me caint wait to get my truck!! which is in about 6 months.

What are you getting for a truck? Seems like you guys are always working on some truck project.

MysticLandscape
10-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Got it lettered yesterday, got the strobes put in it. Still waiting for do the LEDS and the tints. Maybe this week if I have time.

RedMax Man
10-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Very Nice Tim. That's the same colors i'm going to do on my truck, green and crome. What it cost?

Rhizomatous
10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
well at least you spelt "maintenance" right this time ya frickin whacka....looks sick tho cant wait to start stuffin that baby with leaves

93Chevy
10-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Awesome lookin rig there!

RedMax Man
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
well at least you spelt "maintenance" right this time ya frickin whacka....looks sick tho cant wait to start stuffin that baby with leaves

Ha ha you must be a buddy, yeah thats a commonly misspelled word. So your putting a big hulking leaf box on that rig?

MysticLandscape
10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Ha ha you must be a buddy, yeah thats a commonly misspelled word. So your putting a big hulking leaf box on that rig?

Working on it this week. Little by little we still got two weeks before clean-ups. Last year we did the whole thing the days we started lol.

G.M.Landscaping
10-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey, I'm curious about the back of the dump bed. In the last pics the corners have high sides for boards, but not in the first pics? Please explaine.

That's some nice equipment for a 19 yr old.:usflag:

Rhizomatous
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
hahaha....i remember that...was that when we had those huge lights out in your driveway or was that another time?

MysticLandscape
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Hey, I'm curious about the back of the dump bed. In the last pics the corners have high sides for boards, but not in the first pics? Please explaine.

That's some nice equipment for a 19 yr old.:usflag:

We welded them on and painted them so that we can just slip the side boards in and out as needed. gutta finsh the front part this week. And ya Cronin that was when we had the spot lights out there lol.

tthomass
10-22-2007, 12:04 AM
I like your ambition.

TRUCK.........a suggestion..............remove the lettering and flip the rear flaps around. You can even add stainless weights, like on my truck, for about $20?

MysticLandscape
10-22-2007, 07:01 AM
I like your ambition.

TRUCK.........a suggestion..............remove the lettering and flip the rear flaps around. You can even add stainless weights, like on my truck, for about $20?

You mean just flip the mud flaps around so that it doesnt say anything?

RedMax Man
10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
You mean just flip the mud flaps around so that it doesnt say anything?

How about just get new flaps. I've been trying to find the Built Ford Tough flaps seems like they arn't available anymore. they did make some for duallies.

MysticLandscape
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM
How about just get new flaps. I've been trying to find the Built Ford Tough flaps seems like they arn't available anymore. they did make some for duallies.

Ya i want some CAT ones. One more of everything.

RedMax Man
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Ya i want some CAT ones. One more of everything.

That would be nice. You forgot to letter the trailer,lol. Is the dump raised in that pic. It looks alot better with the side boards painted now. only thing i might have done differently with the lettering is put the " Construction Design Maintenance " on the side of the dump body. It just looks a little squished but not bad, nice design.

MysticLandscape
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I am gunna put some more stuff on the dump later. And its raised cause of the rain to let it drain out. I like the boards black to, they need another coat tho.

Petr51488
10-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Nice truck and trailer! My new 08 duramax will be here in a few weeks. How do you like the diesel? Any pictures of the inside of the trailer?

MysticLandscape
10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Diesel is the way to go hands down. I will get a few picture of the inside of the trailer later.

MysticLandscape
01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Few updated pictures, Got the windows tinted an added a lightbar to the roof.. She is in her winter get-up now.

Landrus2
01-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Nice truck you guys moving a lot o snow down there:drinkup:

DoetschOutdoor
01-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Nice truck! Looks even better with the tint and bar. I love the privacy of tint, especially when you do alot of driving. What kind of mileage you seeing out of that thing so far?

Dexter Church
01-20-2008, 05:16 PM
You got a great looking truck there. Yeah, so pictures of the inside of the trailer would be great. Are you really only 19? Congrats man!!

Lawn Enforcer
01-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Sweet looking stuff!

PORTER 05
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
nice truck man.

ACA L&L
01-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Anyone have any idea what a dump bed like that costs separate.

By the way awesome setup u have there. nice maen and clean:weightlifter:

deere615
01-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Looks really good especially with that lightbar.

supercuts
01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
you made me jealous and i have a brand new truck. im more impressed with the 19yo thing. i agree with you, those trucks will last you a long time. your paying to own rather then paying to maintain an old P.O.S. that is constantly breaking down and aging/rotting quick. and in 10 years it will still be worth a decent chunk of change. that guy complaining about 2 payments.... i often wonder how much someone like that is making if they cant afford a new/newer truck. either they are merely pocketing a ton of money, or they dont know how to run a business efficient and effectively.

i saw the red one in the background, i like to try and keep mine all the same color but to each his own. your doing something right, at least it appears so, hope it all works out

PORTER 05
01-21-2008, 11:44 AM
i think the dump beds go for around $5000

and i dont think that red truck is his, hes got a light blue F-350

TXNSLighting
01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
man you got those front windows dark! that would be illegal down here...looks great!

MysticLandscape
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Nice truck! Looks even better with the tint and bar. I love the privacy of tint, especially when you do alot of driving. What kind of mileage you seeing out of that thing so far?

I love my the tints. As far As MPG go. Average is ten, but that’s always plowing and I keep a yard of sand in the back for weight.

You got a great looking truck there. Yeah, so pictures of the inside of the trailer would be great. Are you really only 19? Congrats man!!

Trailer is in shambles now because I never had time to clean it up before the snow but I will try an find an old picture.

Anyone have any idea what a dump bed like that costs separate.

By the way awesome setup u have there. nice maen and clean:weightlifter:

The dump was $6200 installed. I try and keep everything as clean as possible.

you made me jealous and i have a brand new truck. im more impressed with the 19yo thing. i agree with you, those trucks will last you a long time. your paying to own rather then paying to maintain an old P.O.S. that is constantly breaking down and aging/rotting quick. and in 10 years it will still be worth a decent chunk of change. that guy complaining about 2 payments.... i often wonder how much someone like that is making if they cant afford a new/newer truck. either they are merely pocketing a ton of money, or they dont know how to run a business efficient and effectively.

i saw the red one in the background, i like to try and keep mine all the same color but to each his own. your doing something right, at least it appears so, hope it all works out

As Porter said my other one is light blue. The red one is my neighbors. it’s a 04 red 350 with an EZ V just like mine. He is the Forman for another landscaping company an that’s his company truck he takes home

man you got those front windows dark! that would be illegal down here...looks great!

Ya they are 20’s. illegal around here to but I haven’t been bothered yet with my other truck and I hope the police have bigger fish to fry than the darkness of the windows on my *dump* truck.

J&R Landscaping
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks, truck and plow together were 44k. Monthly payments is around 690. I am only 19 so I had to take a slighty higher interest rate so that I could do it in my name and have to get a co-signer. An extra $20 a month but its worth it for my credit score so future purchases.

What did you have to put down and whats the term of the lease?

MysticLandscape
01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
What did you have to put down and whats the term of the lease?

I didnt have to put anything down but I put 4k down to make the payments what I wanted. Its 6 years and I financed it, not leased.

Patatoe1
01-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Do you find it anymore difficult to reverse the V-nose trailer than a regular one?

Military Lawns
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
That truck should push some snow out of the way!

MysticLandscape
01-21-2008, 05:24 PM
NO problems backing that trailer up. Jet ski trialer is a different story though somtimes..

TXNSLighting
01-22-2008, 10:54 AM
man that is a gorgeous truck! id like to have one of those!

RedMax Man
02-01-2008, 09:59 PM
man that is a gorgeous truck! id like to have one of those!

I'd steal it if it wasn't lettered:jester:

MysticLandscape
02-04-2008, 09:02 AM
I'd steal it if it wasn't lettered:jester:

I know where you live..

ProCutLawnCare10
03-09-2008, 03:27 AM
First of all tint is plural in itself... ;) but thats a nice lookin rig, im also 18, but i like the SD i went with the Chevy personally...; but a really nice truck either way man!

MysticLandscape
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Got a shot of both of em over the weekend when i was cleaning them.. then went riding.

deere615
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Looks good nice and clean, I love riding my quad!

RedMax Man
04-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Now i know an ATV is 4' wide.

RedMax Man
06-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Recent pics...

RedMax Man
06-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Few More...

deere615
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I hate mowing in the rain, although that probaly would have felt good being how hot it was here today

ALarsh
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
How many accounts are serving now Mystic? What are the future plans for the company?

MysticLandscape
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Somewhere in the 60's right now. Changes every week So i don't even keep track anymore. Gunna stick with two trucks for right now. Have moved into a high end residentual cumstomer base. Trying to get out of the 30-40 cuts. Gunna keep the number of customers around the same an just take on bigger accounts that are more profitable and can the less profitable. Seeing about a 35% growth over this time last year due to adding the second truck. Should have payed for itself in about 8 more months at the going rate.

MysticLandscape
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Cleaned em both again. Took the dump insert out since I do alot of driving with the pick-up and don't use the insert alot this time of year and I have the dump truck if need be.

Lawn Enforcer
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Nice looking trucks, you have a good business going there! Keep it up!

RedMax Man
07-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Save your paint u cheap prick and get some Husky Liner mud guards. They are hard molded plastic and match the steps and fit the fender contour.

MysticLandscape
07-16-2008, 12:16 AM
What truck you clown

KrayzKajun
07-16-2008, 12:31 AM
tht thng is beautiful!!!

CTD992500
07-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Those are beatiful looking trucks.

TXNSLighting
07-16-2008, 01:17 AM
mud guards are stupid!

02DURAMAX
07-16-2008, 04:06 AM
NIce truck and love the tints!!!

bajabodin
07-17-2008, 12:01 AM
WHAT is that thing on the front??? We ain't never seen one of them down here in south Louisiana...Can that thing push flood water out of the way or hurricane water??? Nice looking truck and rig...

Turf Logic
07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Thats awesome. I need one of those here to move slow drivers out of the way.

MysticLandscape
07-17-2008, 07:24 PM
WHAT is that thing on the front??? We ain't never seen one of them down here in south Louisiana...Can that thing push flood water out of the way or hurricane water??? Nice looking truck and rig...

Are you serious or just busting balls?

RedMax Man
07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
What truck you clown

The dump truck

Ground Effects Lawn Care
07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Nice truck, wish my dad and i had one like that.

STIHL GUY
07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
well thats a real nice truck

TXNSLighting
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeh the trucks not quite new anymore guys! i didnt realize how old this thread was!

MysticLandscape
07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I am not one to brag but I bet it looks alot better than most new ones...

JosephLawnCare
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I am not one to brag but I bet it looks alot better than most new ones...

until the first time that plow it the ground!!:laugh:

RedMax Man
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
until the first time that plow it the ground!!:laugh:

Nah i know for a fact cuz i've seen it first hand. its kept in tip top shape.

MysticLandscape
07-31-2008, 01:07 PM
It wont be today when you see it though cause it hasnt been cleaned since i posted that last picture..

RedMax Man
08-02-2008, 06:07 PM
It wont be today when you see it though cause it hasnt been cleaned since i posted that last picture..

Uhh it wasn't bad. not any worse then mine at least. Its a work truck not a show truck or at least thats not its primary use.