PDA

View Full Version : bagging

bare spot
09-22-2007, 10:34 PM
reading another thread reminded me of something was thinking about other day. was doing a cut for a buddy who was supposed to maintain the neighbors but didn't so hired me out. anyway had to a section of yard that needed to break the bag out and what was thinking about was these bags and how durable there are. to put it another way, if missed something on a walk through and happen to find with mower, is there risk of something coming through bag and causing injury? it's a rear bagging mower (21com) and this thing was ripping through with bagger, it was great but gotta say, makes me a little uneasy. would think these companies, or bag makers would make these things with this in mind but then again, i never asked.

MowHouston
09-22-2007, 11:41 PM
The bag I have looks more than durable enough to withstand a rock being thrown at it from the inside.

However, from my experience and thing I have ever run over either gets chopped first put into the bag, comes out the side, or freaks me out so bad that I tilt the mower up and move so I can remove the object.

And thats with a crapola Troybilt. The bags seem pretty well made.