PDA

View Full Version : start of 2nd year!

Poncho25
09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Well its a little late, my actual start of my 2nd year in this business was July 9th. As of now things are going pretty well, had some ups an downs already..at the end of last year I had 34 accounts and lost quite a few over the winter months and a few I dropped as they just didn't take any pride in their yards so why should I? So at the start of this season i was down to 20 accounts as of now I am back up to 30 accounts and good ones, today alone from one new client i picked up 2 weeks ago he gave me 3 new accounts!! All with mulch jobs to boot as well. I got in really good with a home builder in a very nice part of Tampa and take care of 3 of his houses he is selling and he uses me for any new homes being built, and is starting to use me for the material for the landscape designs $$$. I also got in good with a property management company and take care of a few of their homes also..all in all things are going really well, i also have one on the table of a condo unit for 1400.00 a month. I am at the stage of this where I am really considering hiring a pt helper if I get that condo unit for sure! All in all, so far so good...got hot this summer...really hot but due to being screwed over by someone I met on lawnsite and I helped them by giving them work really pushed me to go alot harder in my advertising and so far its paid off. I have seen a few low ballers go down the drain and honestly I enjoyed watching it :) as I took a few of their accounts and they were more then happy to pay the extra 15-20 per month for someone who shows up when they say!

ExclusiveLawnCare
09-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Great job keep it up, looks like your doing pretty good for starting off again.

scalpit77
09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
That's what it takes. Hard work, honesty, and some networking. Who you know helps a lot. Keep on keeping on! Good luck.

All_Toro_4ME
09-24-2007, 02:56 PM
what did the person do that screwed you over on LS?

Poncho25
09-24-2007, 03:18 PM
what did the person do that screwed you over on LS?

He basically was out of work as he let all his accounts go over the winter and just didn't have any, so I gave him work by letting him work with me 2 days during the week I offered him more but he declined it. Well this went on for a few months and things were going good, I was starting to trust him and rely on him. I even went as far to pay the guy 5 more an hour for when we did clean up jobs and mulch which I didn't have to. He never paid for lunches as I covered that as well. Well he told me his dad offered him a job for a weekend up in Ga getting a grand and he was going to be gone for a week, well the 1st week came and went and not a word..it took me hunting him down to finally get a response the day before he was supposed to work that he was stuck in Ga. Long story short he was full of $hit and it wasn't until about a month later that he finally responded back to me with some bs story. Basically he didn't screw me over really, just that I was taking on work knowing I had 2 people to do it along with the norm and that happened so yeah, i got pissed :) either way it was a good thing cause it motivated me even more!

Thanks for nice replys guys I am hopping to have a total of 50 solid accounts by the start of next season or by this time next year the latest!!

All_Toro_4ME
09-24-2007, 03:33 PM
just curious poncho, how are you advertising? are you using flyers or brochures or what? thx.

Poncho25
09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
just curious poncho, how are you advertising? are you using flyers or brochures or what? thx.

I was using door hangers, but didn't get a big turn around on them. Right now all my new clients I have received the past 2 months have been from word of mouth! Other then that allot of the sub-div here have their own neighborhood paper so I found out the publisher and have been placing an ad in them. Next year I plan to do flyer's.

deere615
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Sounds like you are doing pretty goos, keep it up!

martinfan06
09-25-2007, 10:41 AM
He basically was out of work as he let all his accounts go over the winter and just didn't have any, so I gave him work by letting him work with me 2 days during the week I offered him more but he declined it. Well this went on for a few months and things were going good, I was starting to trust him and rely on him. I even went as far to pay the guy 5 more an hour for when we did clean up jobs and mulch which I didn't have to. He never paid for lunches as I covered that as well. Well he told me his dad offered him a job for a weekend up in Ga getting a grand and he was going to be gone for a week, well the 1st week came and went and not a word..it took me hunting him down to finally get a response the day before he was supposed to work that he was stuck in Ga. Long story short he was full of $hit and it wasn't until about a month later that he finally responded back to me with some bs story. Basically he didn't screw me over really, just that I was taking on work knowing I had 2 people to do it along with the norm and that happened so yeah, i got pissed :) either way it was a good thing cause it motivated me even more!

Thanks for nice replys guys I am hopping to have a total of 50 solid accounts by the start of next season or by this time next year the latest!!

Bro long time no talk to, well glad to hear things still goin good for ya. Yeah think I got a pretty good idea bout who you are referring too, thats too bad man when you think you can trust someone to come through for you and they let ya down. Well im still stuck in neutral with my biz still hopefully get it off the ground this next growing season gonna take the winter to buy up all that i need and get my stuff in order. Well keep up the good work bro and good luck in the future martinfan.

All_Toro_4ME
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I was using door hangers, but didn't get a big turn around on them. Right now all my new clients I have received the past 2 months have been from word of mouth! Other then that allot of the sub-div here have their own neighborhood paper so I found out the publisher and have been placing an ad in them. Next year I plan to do flyer's.

Thanks Poncho

Poncho25
09-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Bro long time no talk to, well glad to hear things still goin good for ya. Yeah think I got a pretty good idea bout who you are referring too, thats too bad man when you think you can trust someone to come through for you and they let ya down. Well im still stuck in neutral with my biz still hopefully get it off the ground this next growing season gonna take the winter to buy up all that i need and get my stuff in order. Well keep up the good work bro and good luck in the future martinfan.

Hey man!! yeah you know exactly who i am talking about!! Shoot me a PM with your e-mail man we need to keep in touch bro!!

martinfan06
09-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Well would send PM but dont have that function anymore, jnorris@saddlecrk.com. Maybe youll get that before they delete:waving: :waving:.