PDA

View Full Version : did anyone buy a mailing list to reach customers?

mwells7
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
i was reading this book on how to conduct market research in my area and it said that i needed to purchase a mailing list so i can send potential customers my market reseach questionnaire and letter. is there a better way?????:cry: :cry: :dizzy: :dizzy:

privatelawn
09-24-2007, 11:20 PM
I use the county website, I can download all the addresses I want for free

tjsquickcuts
09-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Make a friend at one of the big companies like Tru Green. I made a friend who was running leads for them and OMG did this chick bring me tons of pages of customers names and addresses.....Most were no good, but it did prove to be helpful with Landscaping leads.....

mwells7
09-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I use the county website, I can download all the addresses I want for free

what did you look under specifically on your counties website?

privatelawn
09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
http://paraster.ocpafl.org/webmap/main.htm
thats a link to ours for orange county, If I want addresses by subdivision I click create labels, enter a subdivision name and it gets me every address for that subdivision

what did you look under specifically on your counties website?

mwells7
09-25-2007, 12:00 AM
http://paraster.ocpafl.org/webmap/main.htm
thats a link to ours for orange county, If I want addresses by subdivision I click create labels, enter a subdivision name and it gets me every address for that subdivision

THANX BUDDY. IM GOING TO GIVE A LOOK.:usflag:

Coinshooter
09-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Okay heres the big secret!!!! YOu want addresses??? Dumpster dive the big three pizza shops in your area on a sunday night or monday night after the office trash has been thrown out :D you will get the places where the drivers delivered and maybe even a customer order list, just dont tell pizza hut, dominos or papa johns I told you this :D they will not approve

bohiaa
09-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Okay heres the big secret!!!! YOu want addresses??? Dumpster dive the big three pizza shops in your area on a sunday night or monday night after the office trash has been thrown out :D you will get the places where the drivers delivered and maybe even a customer order list, just dont tell pizza hut, dominos or papa johns I told you this :D they will not approve

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Dont do that

MarcSmith
09-25-2007, 10:37 AM
dumspter diving is fairly illegal since the dumspters are still on private property...

you can always do a white pages search on line and search by street name and zip code
here is one for my street....

http://www.whitepages.com/search/ReverseAddress?street=thomasview+road&city_zip=20191&state_id=&metro_area=1&localtime=survey

its not perfect, as this one does not list my address...but the price is right...and the information is pretty accurate....

Sweet Tater
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Dude, Thats sweet. I never thought of that. Just played on it and it works great!!!!!!

zz4guy
09-25-2007, 10:37 PM
I got all my leads from whitepages.com too. Constructed a huge mailing list with about 5000 people. Most were good addresses.

I copied the entire web page of each listing and pasted into Excel. From Excel I made a nice format that I could pick and choose. You have to take out the appartments and multiple people at one address (renters). You can type in "24th St." and got everyone on that street. Took me about 5 hours, but hey it was cheaper than paying somebody $200 or more.

MarcSmith
09-26-2007, 07:59 AM
I got all my leads from whitepages.com too. Constructed a huge mailing list with about 5000 people. Most were good addresses.

I copied the entire web page of each listing and pasted into Excel. From Excel I made a nice format that I could pick and choose. You have to take out the appartments and multiple people at one address (renters). You can type in "24th St." and got everyone on that street. Took me about 5 hours, but hey it was cheaper than paying somebody $200 or more.

Yeah it was free but it still took you time.... But the nice thing is you can focus on one neighborhood, or one area of town, or even one street not an entire zipcode....