PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Easiest Way To Do Market Research?

mwells7
09-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Does Anyone Know An Easier Way To Conduct Market Research Without Having To Spend Loads Of Money Buying Or Renting A Mailining List?

bushwacker24
09-25-2007, 12:12 AM
hey im new to the forum as well as to the lawn care business.
what I did was make a bunch of really nice flyers and walked door to door........while I was doing this it occured to me........theres got to be a better way to get the word out about my business.
so then as I walked it hit me...........realestate offices
and its a good thing that I did out of all the houses I went door to door I got no response, but however going to the realastate offices gave me 7 clients in just about 3 weeks and as a new guy to this industry I was able to quite my other job and do this full time, well that was until winter came. hope this helped:usflag:

grassnazi1
09-25-2007, 08:03 AM
let me make sure of what you are asking for.... Market research is defining your target market in a specific area. If you are looking for names & addresses then use your phone book. If you are trying to find out how many people fit your criteria, live in your area, then you can try melissadata.com and do a zip code search for a demographical break down in your area. They high light people count, home owners, income levels, everything you need o know demographicaly by area. Hope this helps.

txgrassguy
09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
The easiest is your local Chamber of Commerce.
They track all sorts of data and the CoC is often the most under utilized asset, they are a business that is paid for by business memberships and a part of the dues is the compilation of all sorts of specific demographic data.

lawnjockey56
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
yea.....drive around and see whos lawn needs mowed

mwells7
09-25-2007, 09:22 PM
thanx:usflag: