PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter I-35 Rotor

PurpHaze
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Got a call from our Hunter rep that they're coming out with a new large rotor next month called the I-35. It'll be a 1" inlet rotor and will be a "mix" between the I-20s and I-40s currently manufactured by Hunter. I'm unsure of its parameters (other than it will be available in SS riser, is adjustable up to 360 degrees so you'll only need one type and will have the I-20's Flow Stop incorporated into it) but we were picked as a demonstration site because of our large sites and availability of water.

Hunter's Product Manager for the large rotors will be coming up from San Marcos and putting on the demonstration and we'll use an existing QCV system to do the demo since it affords ease. We'll make special QC keys with shut-off valves so things can be controlled better versus having to install them in the ground. It's unknown what the cost will be or anything else at this time but I'll make sure I take plenty of pictures and video of the process.

Kiril
09-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll make sure I take plenty of pictures and video of the process.

I expect no less from you. :clapping:

PurpHaze
09-25-2007, 05:55 PM
What I'm curious about is what niche the new I-35 will fill or if Hunter is planning on making adjustments to their line like discontinuing the I-25 or I-40
line. I'll just have to wait and see and adjust from there. :)

I'll also be very curious about the nozzling for the new sprinkler line, PSI/distance ranges and GPM to see exactly what they could be used for.

PurpHaze
10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Here's the new I-35 brochure. Some of the interesting things about it were:

(1) We set up the demo in an area far from the pump so it took some time for the pump to kick up the pressure. At 42 PSI with the red nozzle we still got about 48' out of it. When the pressure kicked in to about 55 PSI max (for where we were at) we got 65' distance.

(2) The Flo-Stop is great as only the I-20 has it in the Hunter line right now. Flo-Stop can also be used to adjust distance and pressure to the head and is like a butterfly valve.

(3) True arc memory. We screwed with it a couple of times and it always returned to its set arc.

(4) One sprinkler to cover between 50 and 360 degrees. When adjustment is fully opened into 360 mode it rotates COUNTERCLOCKWISE continuously and does not stop/return so it is a true 360.

(5) Available only in 6" pop-up. Stated that it was necessary because the nozzle turret area is a little taller than I-40s to house the required mechanisms.

(6) Adjustable with either a Hunter tool or a flat screwdriver.

(7) Nozzles contain near/mid/far ports and the overall spray looks alot like other rain curtain types.

I took some pictures and I'll post them either later tonight or in the morning.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Looks like a well thought out head. Too bad I'll never get to use one. Maybe Tom can try them out for us on his new gig.

zman9119
10-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Hunter has all product information on its website now for this product.

Nozzle Performance Data (http://hunterindustries.com/Products/Rotors/i35data.html)

Product Specs (http://hunterindustries.com/Products/Rotors/i35specs.html)

Product Page (http://hunterindustries.com/Products/Rotors/i35intro2.html)

PurpHaze
10-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Hunter has all product information on its website now for this product.

Dang Zman... I checked a couple of days ago and it wasn't up yet. If I'd rechecked yesterday I wouldn't have had to scan the brochure I got and it would of saved me some time. Thanks. :)

PurpHaze
10-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Some pics from the demonstration.

PurpHaze
10-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Rest of the demonstration pics for now.

hoskm01
10-04-2007, 10:30 AM
(4) One sprinkler to cover between 50 and 360 degrees. When adjustment is fully opened into 360 mode it rotates COUNTERCLOCKWISE continuously and does not stop/return so it is a true 360.

Thats nice!

Thanks for the pics, as always. It still pains me to see you posting so early in the morn.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
dam hayes..sick thread..

I want to bury a I-90 some day....

Mike Leary
10-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Very cool stuff.....am designing a softball field that mite like those, perfect
pictures, as usual!

Critical Care
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Hmm... the I-35 sounds like a nice rotor. Now if I could just find an install where I could use them. I-90? Sheesh.

I see that the 35 wasn't being tested though the length of garden hose whereas the PGPs and the MP3000 were. So, what's the verdict on the PGP blue nozzles? I already know how you feel about the MPs... I think.

zman9119
10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Do we know if these are available yet for suppliers???

I have to start specing out some sports fields starting tomorrow and I might have a spot to throw some in.

.michael

BrandonV
10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
i have a customer that I hope one day will fullfill my I 90 dream too... own a horse farm... grass looks shabby.. told them I can fix that for ya... they're interested... here's hoping

Mike Leary
10-04-2007, 07:57 PM
i have a customer that I hope one day will fullfill my I 90 dream too... own a horse farm... grass looks shabby.. told them I can fix that for ya... they're interested... here's hoping

That's why us with the affliction keep pushing on....to roll serious water.

PurpHaze
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
It still pains me to see you posting so early in the morn.

LOL... I'm an early riser type of guy and HAVE become my father. He was in construction for years and of course was always up and gone before dawn to get to the jobs. :)

PurpHaze
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Very cool stuff.....am designing a softball field that mite like those, perfect
pictures, as usual!

I'm re-designing the field area of one of our elementary schools that has softball fields in three of the four corners for Bobbysox or something like it. The field system has just deteriorated so badly over the years that we're basically going to start frrm scratch on it. We're supposed to be starting from scratch and basically abandon everything (including main line and wires) existing and have been promised the water and pressure I need. Sounds like they'll redo the pump and install a booster if I need it too.

I've already done a first draft using I-40s and I'm not completely happy with the way it lays out although I could make it work with a few I-20s inserted into a couple of corner gaps. I'm entering the I-35 data into RainCad and then I'll futz around with a rough draft using them. If the field didn't have the softball fields in them it'd be a piece of cake but takes some patience to get the spacings right because it won't be just straight zone lines. MP-Rotators will be installed between the backstop/dugout areas and the property fence lines. And I may end up looping the main because each field's skinned area needs a QCV for dust control. We'll see what happens.

PurpHaze
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
I see that the 35 wasn't being tested though the length of garden hose whereas the PGPs and the MP3000 were.

It was a matter of convenience. They had a test manifold already made up for the smaller sprinklers and it was easier to just connect it via hose to the QCV.

So, what's the verdict on the PGP blue nozzles?

I actually thought the spray pattern looked pretty good and can see why the "blue nozzle lovers" on this site really like them.

PurpHaze
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Do we know if these are available yet for suppliers???

I have to start specing out some sports fields starting tomorrow and I might have a spot to throw some in.

.michael

I believe they are in the process of shipping to suppliers right now. But, how long it takes to filter down to the various ones is anyone's guess. It was stated that Ewing has committed to stocking them for their stores. Our local Ewing manager was there for the demo and I told him I wanted two cases as soon as they're available. Getting them in the ground is the best way for me to fully judge their performance. :)