PDA

View Full Version : Want to grow my lawn account # fast.

BeautifulBlooms
09-25-2007, 11:21 PM
I am looking to grow my lawn division quickly meaning going from the very part time 7 accounts I had this year to at least enough to keep one employee busy full time. What is the best way for me to do that? Should I target specific neighborhoods and go door to door and meet people, or should I just do some direct mail to the zip codes I want to work in, or just do the standard flyers or postcards in peoples paper boxes. I want the most effective way of acquiring customers as I need to justify this side of our business by June next year.

I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 Long Box, 52" ferris and an open pivot trailer, husqvarna backpack blowers, stihl hedgetrimmers, stihl chainsaw, lesco string trimmer, lawn boy and craftsmen 21" pushmowers, Stihl 4-mix Kombi KM-90 with string trimmer, extension, articulating hedge trimmer, stick edger, Billy goat walk behind blower, 6x12 ez dumper trailer.

We are very well established in our landscape maintenance division and growing every year but the lawn side of things was new this year, and I really want to make a push to make it worthwhile this coming season. I plan on doing dethatching only if necessary, aeration, overseeding, lawn mowing, pavement edging, bed edging (natural edges), lawn fertility and weed control programs, lawn repair, sodding and small seeding jobs.

Anyone have specific advice on how to tackle this growth? Any piece of info would be great.

General Landscaping
09-26-2007, 12:31 AM
We are very well established in our landscape maintenance division and growing every year but the lawn side of things was new this year, and I really want to make a push to make it worthwhile this coming season.

Anyone have specific advice on how to tackle this growth? Any piece of info would be great.

Sell hard to the people that already use your other services. They will be most willing to listen and are already familar with your quality of work. They are already half in the bag when you dial thier # or knock on the door.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree with General - promote your new operations to your current landscape maint. customers. They know your work and its quality and at the very least if they don't need lawn work done, they have a warm market list of people they could refer you to.

BeautifulBlooms
09-26-2007, 04:20 PM
We already sent out surveys of how we could help our current customers and didnt get much of a response from them. Maybe they will be interested after their current contracts are complete I don't know.

Lawnut101
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Where in Milwaukee are you located? Check out Brookfield. That's a lawncare companies dream spot! It's a little far for me to travel right now, but some day I would love to advertise there.