PDA

View Full Version : good quote or not

kpetzold
09-26-2007, 02:06 AM
hey every body, i was just wondering , 30 dollars a mow, lot size 100x50, only two trees , flat terrain . it takes me roughly 40 minutes to finish on my residential rider. i think the price is fair, no complaints from client , just wanting to make sure im not lowballing or highballing . let me know thanks karl.

clallen03
09-26-2007, 07:48 AM
This is the type of question that you ask an LCO in your area. Then you still my get different answers then.

Its all based YOUR overhead, Your equipment, YOUR business goal, and a whole lot more.

So asking a question like this on a forum with LCO across the country will really do more harm then good. Some LCO on here may say they have a $35 minimum. I know in some other places that may be a $25 lawn. Here in ATL Im getting $40 for those types of lawns. Now probably lose more of these bid then I get, but the ones I do get are very profitable.

What Im trying to say is figure out how much it cost you to do the lawn. Then ask several other LCO in your area this same question so you can get an idea of the going rates in your area. Once you have that info then you can set your prices so you can be competitive in your market.

Hope this helps.

kpetzold
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
corrie , i have checked with local LCO , they are ranging between 25 -35 , i figured i would go thirty . quess im in the area . thanks for the help. karl

All_Toro_4ME
09-26-2007, 01:59 PM
This is the type of question that you ask an LCO in your area. Then you still my get different answers then.

Its all based YOUR overhead, Your equipment, YOUR business goal, and a whole lot more.

So asking a question like this on a forum with LCO across the country will really do more harm then good. Some LCO on here may say they have a $35 minimum. I know in some other places that may be a $25 lawn. Here in ATL Im getting $40 for those types of lawns. Now probably lose more of these bid then I get, but the ones I do get are very profitable.

What Im trying to say is figure out how much it cost you to do the lawn. Then ask several other LCO in your area this same question so you can get an idea of the going rates in your area. Once you have that info then you can set your prices so you can be competitive in your market.

Hope this helps.

Great advice Corrie. The only other thing I can think to add is look across this site. Its a consistent goal from one LCO to the next to hit $1/minute. I've even seen $2 and $3/min. But granted that is with comm. equip so operating costs are greater especially when you figure in maintenance and repairs as well. Your homeowner riding mower should be sufficient until you get larger comm. equip. Then respectively, your costs will increase, transferring to what you charge your customers. Sounds like you are in the ballpark though with your price. Don't try to rebid that prop at a higher price now that you've read this thread. High chance you will lose it.

lawnpro724
09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
hey every body, i was just wondering , 30 dollars a mow, lot size 100x50, only two trees , flat terrain . it takes me roughly 40 minutes to finish on my residential rider. i think the price is fair, no complaints from client , just wanting to make sure im not lowballing or highballing . let me know thanks karl.

If your using a rider and there is no fence to trim around I would say your right in the ballpark. Thats what we get around here, if they have a fence around the yard and a bunch of stuff to trim around then I would say $35 or more but from your description I think your price is a good one. I don't think it should take you 40 min to do a lawn that size though, we could do it in 15 min with 2 man crew and I have done yard that size in 25 min by myself.

kpetzold
09-27-2007, 03:28 AM
thanks lawnpro and 4me, i felt likr this was a good price. but you know how your first jobs go , secind geussing yourself. thanks karl