PDA

View Full Version : winterizer and pre emerginte

BLKSS
09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
hey all i have a client that wants his lawn winterizer and pre emerginte. If anyone has any good suggestions and information on this procedure it would be greatly appreciated.

mow2nd
09-26-2007, 04:53 PM
If you dont know, then you should let somebody else do it

BLKSS
09-26-2007, 11:58 PM
i guess u dont know either

stevenf
09-27-2007, 12:27 AM
If you dont know, then you should let somebody else do it

how are you ever supposed to learn and get into new things if you dont reasearch and try it yourself rather then continueing to pass on things you dont know how to do???

mow2nd
09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
How about working for a company that knows what they are doing and learn from them. Then you can justify starting your own business. Or go to Turf school, that is how you learn. How do you call yourself a professional when you don't know what ur doing?

BLKSS
09-27-2007, 12:49 PM
i simply asked a question and asked for advise, which is one of the advantages of this site im pretty sure you have done the same.

carcrz
09-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Talk to your supplier. They should be able to set you up with something that will work in your area.

Runner
09-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes, your supplier should be able to help you out for the particulars of your area, but DO check your state laws, because I believe that Texas requires state licensing for the application of any pesticides.

mow2nd
09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
So going to Turf School isnt enough. It's one thing to cut grass, any Joe Blow can do that. Applying chemicals requires a lot more knowledge which you just don't have. Take some classes and learn all you can learn. There are laws and regulations that you need to follow and it's clear that you don't know what your doing.

tamadrummer
09-27-2007, 06:58 PM
So going to Turf School isnt enough. It's one thing to cut grass, any Joe Blow can do that. Applying chemicals requires a lot more knowledge which you just don't have. Take some classes and learn all you can learn. There are laws and regulations that you need to follow and it's clear that you don't know what your doing.

Although this could be worded a little less bluntly, you cannot be any more right!

Go to your local Lesco store or John Deerescape store and ask but don't get caught with the chemicals in your truck or applying them without the proper documentation. The fines wont be worth the business. Get the cards of some local fert/insecticide/pesticide companies and pass them out, give them your cards and write your info on the back of the cards of your customers that you put in touch with them.

It will reap you rewards!

LushGreenLawn
09-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Runner, you've been doing this longer than me so correct me if I am wrong, but I think you have to be licenced in every state. My pesticide trainer told me that the states are enforcing federal regulations, and every state has to conform to a guideline set by the EPA.

He also stated that while the states may make their own laws that are more strict than the federal laws, the laws around this are federal laws.