PDA

View Full Version : grub fix

bobcatnj
09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
have a lawn that has some serious grub damage, the whole front yard looks like hay. should i thatch the lawn, apply dylox, and reseed. can you apply dylox and seed at the same time? will thatching help, or should i rip up the lawn, apply dylox, add topsoil, and reseed?

gene gls
09-26-2007, 10:48 PM
have a lawn that has some serious grub damage, the whole front yard looks like hay. should i thatch the lawn, apply dylox, and reseed. can you apply dylox and seed at the same time? will thatching help, or should i rip up the lawn, apply dylox, add topsoil, and reseed?

Do you have turf damage from the crows and skunks? I would apply the Dylox and water it in good. Wait a few days for the kill to take place. Then the crows and skunks will disapear when they don't find any more food then you can redo the areas that are torn up. I usually just rake it out and reseed. Depends on what your area needs as to the steps you take.

rodfather
09-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Do you have turf damage from the crows and skunks? I would apply the Dylox and water it in good. Wait a few days for the kill to take place. Then the crows and skunks will disapear when they don't find any more food then you can redo the areas that are torn up. I usually just rake it out and reseed. Depends on what your area needs as to the steps you take.

pretty much the same as I would do, might aerate as well for better soil contact