PDA

View Full Version : CAT 297C Update

qps
09-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Finally got some rain here and really got a chance to run the machine in mud....so far I'm really impressed, it turned, pushed and lifted our wet heavy clay here with no problems, taking into account I had a under powered 257B I may be easily impressed, but overall performance is high, no issues yet, and it seems to kick the mud out good from the new undercarriage, again unlike the old system which clogged badly and was a pain to clean..the E/H controls are a pleasure to operate and the a/c pressurized cab is comfortable like no other....I think they may have gotten it right this time...time will tell....:drinkup:

dozerman21
09-27-2007, 12:23 AM
:) Good to hear it's doing well for ya. We haven't had any mud for a long time (that's a good thing). The bottom will be dropping out before we know it, and no machine tracks through that muck easily.

That's a good sign if it's shedding mud better. I've seen many of the B Series clog up and bogg the machine down much quicker than others will. To me, it was one of the biggest turnoffs on the Cats, along with trying to clean them out afterwards.

Don't track any mud into your living room... I mean cab!:cool2:

qps
09-27-2007, 12:36 AM
:) Good to hear it's doing well for ya. We haven't had any mud for a long time (that's a good thing). The bottom will be dropping out before we know it, and no machine tracks through that muck easily.

That's a good sign if it's shedding mud better. I've seen many of the B Series clog up and bogg the machine down much quicker than others will. To me, it was one of the biggest turnoffs on the Cats, along with trying to clean them out afterwards.

I almsot hate to get it dirty...:laugh: if you drive past the shop you can see the 200 sitting back there where the ponds going in...man I got alot of waste to spread around:dizzy: :dizzy: I've only spent two or three hours on it..I think I can have the darn thing dug in a day and half..maybe two....got a question for you...hrly rate on a dozer, I was talking to a buddy over the weekend with a D3 and was comparing prices...

Tigerotor77W
09-27-2007, 03:43 AM

The Cat engineers I worked with would be proud to know that their baby has gotten such a cozy reputation. :)

RockSet N' Grade
09-27-2007, 08:37 AM
qps....keep coming with the "C" info. Most interested.......especially after you get some hours and seat time.

Scag48
09-27-2007, 05:16 PM
TTIWWOP - We need pics!

Fieldman12
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm glad to hear it is doing well. Now if they would jsut drop the price maybe some day I can afford one. How about some pics??

qps
09-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm glad to hear it is doing well. Now if they would jsut drop the price maybe some day I can afford one. How about some pics??

took some tonight but left the camera at the shop....on the price....all I can say is it was in line with all the others.....bobcat,gehl,deere...:)

aliving
09-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Any problems with the Cat C series reported yet? Just took delivery of 272C with Bradco Magnum mulcher. So far is a cadillac compared to the Mustang with Fecon mulcher that we were running.