PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my rig- truck freshly lettered

FrankenScagMachines
09-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Here's my rig:

'96 Ram 2500 Cummins (NOT STOCK!) LOL... aka "The Money Pit"..... I have waay too much money into this truck but its work/personal truck... I had to get it lettered to remind myself it is still a business truck LOL... I actually had stacks and 40" Super Swamper Iroks on it, but took those off and got it lettered, i'm trying to focus a little more on company image :hammerhead:
Its dirty in the pics, I cleaned it right after of course lol...

The trailer is nothin fancy, a 6.5'x12' with a trimmer rack and gate spring. Blowers, gas cans, trash bags, stuff like that usually goes in the truck bed I think it looks a little cleaner and helps justify having a bed on the truck, and plus it saves money having to buy racks, then my tailgate is at the perfect height to fuel, start and strap on a backpack blower, I've had racks for them before but the guys keep putting them on the tailgate to fuel up, start and strap on anyway so i figure just leave them in the truck bed. works for me (just a little more trouble to unload instead of simply unhooking from the trailer).

The Exmark is a 2005 Lazer Z 60" 27hp air cooled Kohler, with the striping roller, suspension seat (Custom Ride conversion kit), and a homemade OCDC (built it before they offered one through eXmark and woulda built it anyway to save the money). I have the Ultra-Vac QDS for this and LOVE that unit to death!!!! by far the best collection system i've used hands down. Not the biggest, but the best quality, fit, finish, and gets the best results and very good effeciency and maneuverability. I'm sure there is a better machine for dedicated bagging purposes but this is for seasonal leaf removal only and its sweet for that or occasional grass collection.

2 cycle equipment onboard:
Stihl KM110 4 mix split boom Kombi-Unit power head with straight shaft trimmer, straight shaft edger, and cultivator attachments
Shindaiwa trimmer
Stihl BR550 4 mix backpack blower
Echo PB650 backpack blower
Echo PB4600 backpack blower

Stihl safety glasses and my worktunes!!! I Won't work without either of those two things!

FrankenScagMachines
09-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Here it is with the stacks and on 40" Iroks cuz i know someone will ask to see that LOL... see it DOES clean up... now who thinks it would look fine on 40's with the lettering? too unprofessional or think its ok???

FrankenScagMachines
09-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Another one... the bumper of the car in front of it is a late 80's pontiac sunbird for size reference. :weightlifter: :cool2:

FrankenScagMachines
09-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Oh gosh i forgot the pic... arrrgghhh

FrankenScagMachines
09-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Here's pics of the F250. Its a 460 5 speed. I may get it lettered sometime before too long, not sure yet if i want ALL of my trucks lettered or if i wanna keep one to drive incognito :)

02DURAMAX
09-27-2007, 04:40 AM
That looks Great...Very Nice Truck..

MysticLandscape
09-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Wait you took the stacks off?

Triple L
09-27-2007, 06:51 AM
look way better before imo... Whats this whole deal with company image? It was nice before, I wouldnt have a problem if that truck pulled up to my house...

RedMax Man
09-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I would have left it the way it was but it still looks fine. There is a lco in my area with the same name.

FrankenScagMachines
09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Ok well I had a few people telling me that it probably would be better for company image to keep it closer to stock... yea the stacks are off now. It still has the lift on it so I can run any tires up to 40", I still have those Iroks I may put them back on but right now I have to put yet another transmission in it :hammerhead:

Triple L
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
"yet another transmission"? Isn't it a stick, how many clutches have you gone through... Ever done any sled pulling?

FrankenScagMachines
09-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Yea LOL... Its the NV4500 5 speed manual transmission... Done a little sled pulling... it has a heck of a clutch in it, the biggest single disc clutch that south bend clutch makes. That and nearly 1,100 lb./ft. of torque to the ground (around 1,300 lb/ft going into the transmission), is a lot of strain for any transmission...

In the last 20k miles here's my list of parts just the ones i can remember breaking:

Dana 80 rear axle pinion yoke, broke in 5 peices (don't know really anyone who's broken one of these)
2) transmission input shafts
2) 3rd gears
3) 5th gears
1) Luk Gold Pro clutch (that was in it when i bought the truck bone stock)
And a bunch of tranny rebuild parts like seals, bearings, etc that have been destroyed and replaced each time the tranny has been apart...

Thats a few parts for only 20k miles of driving.. I drive 30k a year... I think its time to upgrade to a sled pulling transmission... Oh and its only been sled pulled once on this clutch and in the last 20k miles that all that was broken during, and nothing broke at that pull...

Ok back on topic to the trucks/equipment/lettering or they'll move this to trucks and trailers forum! LOL

lawnkid
09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
This is offtopic but I thought you sold your stuff and was getting out?

deere615
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I am not a dodge fan but that is a very nice looking truck!

mcwlandscaping
09-27-2007, 05:38 PM
yea, the accessories should go back on!!! Looks like a half way done project without the wheels and tires to go with the life.....awesome looking truck...what's it do in the 1/4 mile?

lifetree
09-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Very nice truck !!

iluvscag
09-27-2007, 08:04 PM
The dodge looks unprofessional in my opinoin. It looks like one of those just Git-R-Dunnn lawn services.

AL Inc
09-27-2007, 08:30 PM
You've come a long way Eric, good to see you posting again. When I first found this site, I remember you plowing snow with your tractor:waving:

JG Landscaping
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
And exactly what trucks do you run iluvscag??? I have a chevy and a dodge and the dodge looks way more professional IMO. Though the dodge is a little newer... an '04. Still though I think that older cummins looks like a great truck!

FrankenScagMachines
09-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Well I was going to but then I got a nice contract that changed my mind and I have that contract through 2008 season... so i guess i'm looking for more work LOL...
With those 10 ply 40" Iroks, and it being a manual transmission, it runs a 9.8 second 1/8th mile... Its a lot quicker with the 33's. Has 3.55 gears in it which is very comfortable gearing with the 40's with that much power its actually very nice to keep RPM's down on the highway and all... The 33's that were on it i have on the Ford as pictured, so when i get the tranny fixed the Cummins maybe rolling around on the 40's again, only with these wheels (see pic below) instead of what they were on...

iluvscag: actually those were my thoughts... Kinda looked alot like a kids truck not a business truck though around here theres several businesses with nice newer trucks that are lifted and i personally think look good and professional, obviously you don't think its a fleet truck or anything but i don't want people to think i have a huge company and no personal service, but at the same time i want to come off like i don't blow all my money on my truck instead of my business... However, having a truck like that every customer/potential customer is very confident that snow will never be a problem as long as they hire me :cool2: :weightlifter:
So I'm kinda split on the issue... I think i may settle for no stacks, but i'm going to put the 40's back on and see if i think it don't look too bad as a lettered truck that way (hey it definitely stands out and gets more attention to the lettering that way, isn't that what we all strive for???)

Hi AL inc :waving: good to talk to you again. hope all is going well for everyone.

http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/images/categories/058_HD.jpg

South Florida Lawns
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I think it looks ****** sweet with them roks and stacks. I know Id leave them on. I'm suprized lawnworks hasn't commented you yet he used to have a 90's dodge with a huge hood stack and twin turbos. I got a pic from the diesel registry I just gotta find em.

You ever gonna be as big as you used to be like 2 years ago? I liked that dump truck and 22ft trailer.

ATS has a tranny for you. And you gotta get a south bend clutch.

FrankenScagMachines
09-30-2007, 12:49 AM
i think i saw a pic of lawnworks truck one time.
Yea i have a south bend clutch... its great it just don't like sleds but otherwise its an awesome clutch...

and yea i'm planning to grow my business more next year... i miss the dump truck and big trailer...

John Gamba
09-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Oh gosh i forgot the pic... arrrgghhh

When did you get back in the biz:confused: I remember that scag three wheeler you bought with the burnt engine:laugh: how time fly's:waving:

S man
09-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Didn't you have more equipment than that?? Looks like you've downsized.

FrankenScagMachines
09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
When did you get back in the biz I remember that scag three wheeler you bought with the burnt engine how time fly's

I never was able to get out completely, I got rid of a bunch of equipment and some accounts then stayed painfully small for a year or two...

Didn't you have more equipment than that?? Looks like you've downsized.

Yea... i was working toward getting out of it but it didn't work out LOL... And now i've gotten remotivated and am trying to build it back up... what a waste of 2 years :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :dizzy: :cry:

I used to have (in addition to what i have now):
Chevy 2 ton dump truck
22' open trailer with all the bells and whistles
52"/36" (2 different decks) eXmark TTHP hydro w/b
48" eXmark Viking belt drive w/b
RedMax 8001 b/p blower
Stihl BG85 handheld blower
Stihl FS80 trimmer
Stihl FC85 edger
Echo 230 trimmer

I got rid of that 2 cycle stuff, the big trailer, dump truck and walk behinds, bought the blue 96 Dodge (at the time I had a silver 94 Dodge 2500 Cummins 2wd reg cab) then ended up staying in the biz and had to get some 2 cycle stuff again so i got the KM110 4 mix split boom with edger and trimmer (had the cultivator already that i used on the FC85), still had my Echo backpack blowers.
Here's a thread with pics of my old rig: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=115105

And the leaf rig (minus the billy goat push blower I had for a short while but never really used, it was only a 5hp):
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=124672

S man
10-02-2007, 01:01 AM
hmmmn. I have learned to keep my stuff untill it breaks. Why sell it and have some guy talk you down till he gets it for free? I wish I had bought what I wanted a few years ago instead of trial and error with equipment.
What I had:
21" toro proline w/ kawasaki 06
Snapper 21" briggs 05
Redmax 2600 trimmer 05
Echo pb403 blower 05
Honda 21" hr214sxa ?
Stihl km110r w/ attachments
Toro 21" recycler w/ tecumseh. Got it free this year. Killed it within a few months
Sold all of that except the blower this year. Now I have:

Exmark 34" phazer 07
2 snapper 21"s one is commercial grade w/ kaw 07
2 stihl fs80 (steel shaft added) 07
Redmax eb7001 07
Echo bp403(gotta love it) 05
Echo cs440 saw 05
Echo hc150 hedge 07
Redmax he225 edger 07

now I can work and not worry about buying or selling

FrankenScagMachines
10-02-2007, 11:15 AM
well i agree but when you think you are getting out of the business, you will likely get rid of stuff... but when plans change again ya gotta replace the stuff you got rid of... I TOTALLY REGRET getting rid of any of that stuff it was all awesome equipment that worked and was all paid for (except the lazer) and thats a big deal; works great, efficient and paid for can't beat it!

MarksTLC
10-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I like the rig.

Good luck with rebuilding your business. :drinkup:

lawbott
10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
The lettering on the truck looks good. I have a neighbor who does that for a living and makes a pretty good living putting signs on vehicles and making other signs for around town.

lawnandplow42
10-04-2007, 09:35 PM
i still think the cb antennas look way unproffessional for a business truck. On a 1 ton dump you can get away with it.

FrankenScagMachines
10-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks guys. Yea my friends dad that did the lettering makes unreal money doing sign work. he has a pretty good sized business and they keep fairly low overhead on the trucks at least but he makes a gobs of $$$$....

Ok why are the whips unprofessional? just because most company trucks don't have them? We use the CB's alot mostly when pushing snow, i can talk to my subs or if my other truck is out doing walks/salt whatever... good to have....

FrankenScagMachines
10-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Oh yea i got rid of the Ford and got this truck. I'm not a ford guy at all lol... I love flatbeds too and i have most of the parts to put a dump under it then it'll be sweeeeet.....

1980 Dodge Power Wagon 3/4 ton 4x4 it only has a 318 2 barrel but its a workhorse. Brand new exhaust, new 33" BFG A/T's, new carb, etc... Think i'll maybe repaint it this winter or later this fall after i get the Cummins fixed which should be happening soon...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/BushHogBoy/80%20Dodge%20W200/100407_13391.jpg

Triple L
10-05-2007, 06:41 AM
How do the CB's work in the winter for you? Can you get a respectable range out of them... We use a private 2-way system the costs a few $ a month that works good for us and good for a few hundred miles...

kreft
10-05-2007, 11:59 AM
wow
i liked the dodge before u changed it

cwby_ram
02-25-2011, 06:34 AM
I know this thread is 4 years old, but I'm gonna add my 2 cents anyway. I've got stacks on my diesel, it's lettered. I've wondered if it was a little too much for a "professional" work truck, but that thing turns heads. I've gotten a handful of calls just because someone passed the truck in traffic. (It's loud too, straight-piped Cummins). I'll take my chances on looking "unprofessional", my truck definitely stands out!:cool2:

joey7599
02-25-2011, 09:07 AM
put the stacks back on

cwby_ram
02-25-2011, 09:30 AM
put the stacks back on

Thumbs UpThumbs Up

BShaffer
02-25-2011, 11:02 PM
you need an airhorn with those stacks.

bobcat48
02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Truck looks great,very nice.

Agape
02-26-2011, 10:10 AM
i still think the cb antennas look way unproffessional for a business truck. On a 1 ton dump you can get away with it.

I don't understand how it looks unpro. with the whip?
That's a sweet truck franken, but I think you sold yourself short by having a phone # you can't read from more than 10 feet away. I think you should have used the entire bed for the # and make sure that what you do is also readable, although it'll be more obvious when hauling your trailer.

LOVE the color too!

buttaluv
02-26-2011, 02:14 PM
this was 4 years ago...I doubt he still has the truck!