PDA

View Full Version : Bulldozing w skid

GradeMan
09-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Anybody try shaping any ground with the 6 way dozer blade att? I dont think it would be much good Thks

janb
09-29-2007, 03:26 AM
My CTL came with 8 spendy attachments, including a 6 way. (PO kind of 'overspent'...) 6-way is nice for doing curvy swails, and grading road crown, or gravel back to center. But... I have to take it pretty slow, as electric controls aren't terribly fast, but gouging comes pretty fast!. My 6-way has shoes on the back edge, and that is very handy to keep the pitch of the blade up, and resting back on the shoes. I use it for spots that are too tight to work perpendicular with 4in1 bucket. Often I rough grade with it and smooth with the bucket. The blade would be a bigger challenge with tires, as track helps keep you going straight when you are pushing a 'side' load.

A 'real' dozer is much faster, and smoother, but... you don't always have room for one of those. I'll have to admit I like my friends ~ 12,000# Mitsubishi 6-way, with rubber tracks, even the nice feature of exhaust running to lower rear of machine. It is SO QUIET !! You can work it all day and not go home with a throbbing headache. He only dropped $8k into it, and it is pretty nice, and paid for itself in ~ 3 jobs. He got his 12,000# mini ex for $5000 and while it is a 'beater' he paid for it quickly too. His main line of work is tractor / mowing / brushing / hay, so these other machines are just handy to have around the house. But for the guys running a true excavation business, these are not productive enough to stay competitive, and keep a crew busy.

Construct'O
09-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Janb when did you get your CTL and which one did you get?Did you post on here some where earlier:confused: if so i missed it.

What other attachments did you get besides the 6-way blade? and what are you doing with all them?
Good luck!:usflag:

GradeMan
10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks I thought that but I see alot of people buying them and not getting the hang of them. Thanks again