PDA

View Full Version : Does This Advertising Method Work? (Orlando)

vaulta
09-27-2007, 09:58 PM
I need do some cheap effective advertising here where I live. Was wondering if those small signs you always see driving around that businesses stick in the ground work good. Theirs alot of these rich gated neighborhoods where I live. You cant get in side them and sure cant flyer in thier without getting cops called within minutes. I wont to put some those signs outside the entrances for them driving in. Their's alot of money in these beautiful properties.Has anyone had any luck with these?

Sweet Tater
09-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I have 4 of them that I rotate around my accounts, only got 4 to see how they work, so far I am glad I only got 4. Have not received call 1 from them. :(

privatelawn
09-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I have never tried those signs but did great when I started with door hangers, most of the subdivisions ive put on are gated and cops have never been called.

Vikings
09-28-2007, 12:24 AM
All my signs get removed, I think by neighborhood watch types. They don't want their neighborhood to look cluttered. So I will personally never use signs again.

One time, this spring in fact, right at the height of Spring clean up/Power Rake season. This guy had VERY nice 3 colour, signs all over a certain neighborhood. I mean at the 4 way stops he had 4 signs, one for each stop sign. He had them every where. I thought Oh crap I hope this doesn't affect my flyer campaign. But the NEXT DAY, almost ever single one was gone.

Signs are not cheap either, they are an oil product. Last time I had signs made Clinton was in office and gas was half the price it is now and they were expensive back then.

willjones4
09-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Its against the law to post signs here. The city has crews that go around gathering them up. First they take a picture and submit it to the city attorney's office which can fine/prosecute the owner of the sign. Try bulletin boards, ask stores to put something on their window/door (mom and pop shops may let you). Check the laws in your area.

LawnSharks
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I've used the 24 x 18 signs for years and have picked up quite a lot of new business from them. I usually ask my existing customers if I can put a sign in their yard for 1 week. Then on the next cut, I remove it and put it somewhere else. I have never had a customer say NO!!! My signs look very professional and they don't seem to mind. Most HOA's have rules against signage being out more than a few days so you have to be careful or they will get taken down or reported. (I've never lost but about 4 signs) I guess I've been lucky. We've never put signs at intersections or crossroads just becasue it doesn't look very good and they tend to get destroyed quickly.
I have three formats that we use: one for aeration and overseeding services, one for complete services and another for spring cleanups. The spring cleanups gets the most attention and probably drives more business. It's that time of year that we sign more annual contracts than any other.
Good luck,

vaulta
09-29-2007, 11:10 AM
cool, thanx for all the advice