PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt layoout, what ya'll think??

Sweet Tater
09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
My proposed t-shirt layout, what you ya'll think???
Doing the layout myself in word, then gonna find a screen printer to do it, one color on a medium gree t-shirt

Sweet Tater
09-28-2007, 05:33 PM
70 views and no comments? clic the link that says lawnservice1.doc under attached files. word docs don't post they make a link. I sure would like some constructive feedback.

deere615
09-28-2007, 05:52 PM
It doesn't look too bad. Is that the logo you chose too replace mr. potatoe head? I think if its printed real big on the back it won't look too bad, but if you have it on the front, small, where the pocket usually is it might be hard too see the logo.

Vikings
09-28-2007, 06:01 PM
70 views and no comments?
If you can't say something nice...:laugh:

(bad picture imo) t shirts don't need telephone numbers on them, don't even need a picture. It just needs to be easy to read unless you want to go all out with something fancy. If that's the case you need help.

Sweet Tater
09-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks deere615, I was planning the logo only on the back and name and number only on the pocket. I am not stuck on that logo, thats why I asked for opinions.
Viking. thanks for the honosty. I do prefer the number on my shirts, reason: when I go in the zippy mart to get a soda some one may not ask for my number but would otherwise be interested. with the number there they might remember it or write it down.
and again, yes I need help, thats what I asked.
The font can change, the pic can change. or the whole thang can change, I am just designing now. never go with the first one. did that once and lost my tater head :(

Vikings
09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Viking. thanks for the honosty. I do prefer the number on my shirts, reason: when I go in the zippy mart to get a soda some one may not ask for my number but would otherwise be interested. with the number there they might remember it or write it down.
and again, yes I need help, thats what I asked.

When I had my first shirts made I made the mistake of having cheap t-shirts. I allowed the silk screener to use his stock of shirts. I would take more time making a choice next time. All the arm pit threads came undone, he told me with a quizzical look on his face, maybe it's under arm deoderant.:dizzy: I was like, Yeah Right.:laugh:

Now, one of my customers, who've been my customer for 8 years, I thought they were just printers but they also do shirts and caps and cups and pens etc. silk and embroidery. So They'll give me better advice. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a T-shirt with a phone number on it around here, but to each his own.

One thing I will insist on is a breast pocket and polo shirt style. I like to put my MP3 player in the breast pocket and put ear buds underneath sound protection. PLUS!!!! when people ask me for a Business Card, I don't want to pull them out of my ass.. pocket:laugh: Little plastic container for business cards in the breast pocket.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you put a large picture on the back, that whole area is covered with silk screen and makes for a very hot t-shirt.

And don't buy shirt material that shows you are sweating. Like a Light grey will turn Dark grey when wet with sweat, then you look like an animal.

They might not remember your phone number but the WILL remember your name and then they can look it up from there.

Americal Vet
09-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I must say that it's original for sure. One thing I do when considering a shirt is something fairly simple, because, if there is too much information or the logo is too complex, then the shirt get's a little "busy" if you follow what I mean.

As Vikings said, don't skimp on the shirt. It may cost a little more upfront, but will be cheaper over time because they will last so much longer. And for me, the pocket is a must.

I will look forward to your posting the design you decide on.

deere615
09-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Ya make sure you definetly get some polo shirts made! They look really nice.

MJS
09-28-2007, 10:25 PM
And don't buy shirt material that shows you are sweating. Like a Light grey will turn Dark grey when wet with sweat, then you look like an animal.

haha only for some of us. . . :laugh:

BTW, Sweet Tater, what is that hand holding up the turf supposed to be?

Sweet Tater
09-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Thats the butler serving up the sweet lawn service. I guess anyway. like I said the logo is very flexable. But clipart is limited and I aint no artist :(
I found one on a website I like, but ya cant pirate it .

LawnSharks
09-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Tater,
Most screenprinters have Adobe Illustrator software whereas they can design you something really nice and professional looking. Our guy changes the look every order for no charge. Take the advice on the tee shirt material. 100% cottons wear better but are a little hot in the dog days of summer. 50/50 blends work well and seem to last on my guys longer. Polos give you the appearance of a more professional company rep instead of just a kid out cutting grass.
Good luck
Shark

Runner
09-29-2007, 09:53 AM
BTW, Sweet Tater, what is that hand holding up the turf supposed to be?

That's what I was wondering! I was going to say,...Uhh,..I don't get it. From the distance, it will look like just some diner or **** logo - especially with the name.
Just not an attention getter. It looks almost like under it - it would say something like. "You can get anything you want - at Sweet Tater's Restaurant!"

Grn Mtn
09-29-2007, 10:20 AM
my computer would not open the graphic file, so maybe that is why some people did not comment. name on back with graphic and name/phone number on pocket in front sounds good.

my shirts are just starting to wear-out after 5 years of hot water/bleach washes! they still are flourescent, the brand is Jersey (sp?) heavy-weight 50%cotton 50%polyester.

the printers won't be able to use your file, they need one that can vector (resize without changing the design) so plan on them re-designing your design.

Vikings
09-29-2007, 11:59 AM
A lot of printers around here only use Macs (ba$*ards:( )

Vikings
09-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Tater,
Take the advice on the tee shirt material. 100% cottons wear better but are a little hot in the dog days of summer. 50/50 blends work well and seem to last on my guys longer. Polos give you the appearance of a more professional company rep instead of just a kid out cutting grass.
Good luck
Shark

Sorry to hijack, but is this true? I have always had it in my head that 100% was cooler. On Really HOT days I would only wear 100% cotton shirt and pants.

Now, thank god, I'm back to jeans.

Sweet Tater
09-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Speaking of clothes, I found a shop in Tupelo yesterday, Wolverene t-shirts $2, sleevless $1 and wolverene jeans $7.50, all first run. not sure what gives, but the price was right.
Anyway... yes I prefer 50/50 t-shirts and blue jeans. But instead of polo shirts ( got a big belly) I prefer buttonups for the dress style shirt. Got a friend with an embroidery machine to do business name over pocket and "Tater" on the right side.

Vikings
09-29-2007, 01:03 PM
When I work with guys in spring and fall, sleeveless and no shirts are absolute no nos. "I'm Hot" go home then.

Sweet Tater
09-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Vikings I agree you you on that. No shirt is sooooo tacky and unprofessional. Sleavless I think thats a preference, but only if its a store bought sleevless and not ripped off, but I wouldn't wear them for work. I bought 3 tho just to wear around the house. supper bright saftey orange.

Sweet Tater
09-29-2007, 06:45 PM
How about this one? These guys are expensive I think. $24.32 per shirt. www.customink.com
I'll have to shop around for a national online or something, no one around here does screen print

fslm
09-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Less is more in my experience. Less art and to the point. "Name" and Number, save money on the silk printing an spend the money on a quality shirt. This is what we do but to each their own.

Sweet Tater
09-29-2007, 07:06 PM
I was just thinking, that orange looks like a prison jump suit.. ekkkk

Vikings
09-29-2007, 07:41 PM
No pocket, no V neck. I personally would pass.

deere615
09-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I was just thinking, that orange looks like a prison jump suit.. ekkkk

you should hold up your phone number on a piece of white paper, for advertisement, then it would really look like a prison mugshot!

MJS
09-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Ya, stay away from the orange. Green is good. So is tan. I think the biggest thing to consider is what the average person seeing your shirt is gonna think.

You want to promote a a professional image, right? :weightlifter:

Vikings
09-30-2007, 12:22 AM
I personally wear red but was thinking of Blue.

bohiaa
09-30-2007, 02:27 AM
your kidding/..............RIGHT

Sweet Tater
09-30-2007, 02:11 PM
you should hold up your phone number on a piece of white paper, for advertisement, then it would really look like a prison mugshot!

Roflmao...

scweedman
09-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Check and see if there is company called embordieu me near you. They
can do your print by computer instead of screen and its cheaper

Sweet Tater
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM
No search results in yahoo or google... :(

NC Greenscaper
09-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Dump that picture. Don't think twice about it just do it. It looks dumb. Have someone create a nice logo, then print it one your t-shirts. Get light color shirts because they are cooler. Keep the phone number.

backtobasicslawncare
09-30-2007, 05:14 PM
keep the number but i would use lighter colors but thats just me. i might would use a green color.