PDA

View Full Version : I have seen this more times that I would like

tallrick
09-28-2007, 12:07 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1hOznxER7eI

One guy, two machines....must get tiring after a while! I remember seeing a guy doing this about 10 years ago for a neighbor. He was digging for a sewer pipe, loading the bucket than taking it outside to dump in the truck. I had to go over there and watch, then asked why he didn't have a helper. I volunteered to help, and he took my offer. That turned into a semi-regular weekend job. I always liked that kind of work, I am a strange guy! Anyone have to hop from machine to machine due to lack of help?

dozerman21
09-28-2007, 05:38 AM
I hop from machine to machine all the time, but not like that. He would have been better just throwing all of the dirt out, then using the skid when the trench was finished. He's got a helper in the background.

SiteSolutions
09-28-2007, 07:49 AM
That guy is nuts. Probably a homeowner who rented both machines (and the hard hat) and is just having fun. I would guess he's an engineer.

Scag48
09-28-2007, 11:37 AM
That guy is nuts. Probably a homeowner who rented both machines (and the hard hat) and is just having fun. I would guess he's an engineer.

Hahahaha, so true. :laugh:

tallrick
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Well if he was an engineer, wouldn't those machines be running by remote control..LOL! They didn't seem to have rental markings, but what seemed odd to me is that someone was operating the camera. instead of the Bobcat...must be a stunt here. Just have seen it several times in person, seemed strange!

RockSet N' Grade
09-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I see that alot here, and sometimes in the heat of battle, I lose my efficiency and do that too.........but, what you see here alot is the owner or foreman of the company telling the guys "here's what needs to be done" and then they promptly split the scene to go sit in their recliner or sit at the soda shop thinking they are "doing a great job of management". It is amazing that anything gets done here at all.....people invent ways of being non-responsible....it seems the whole culture here buys into that way of thinking.

GradeMan
09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I Know some foreman buddies of mind and they are complete control freaks they kick the operator out of the machine to finish a task. But sitting back watchin all this they got the job done perfect but pissed off the crew. they say management is alway the first to go.:hammerhead:

Supper Grassy
09-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Look the guy is opperating bobcats. Helper near dirt pile and Camera Man..... 2 bobcats 3 guys .... 1 "working"

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
09-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Look the guy is opperating bobcats. Helper near dirt pile and Camera Man..... 2 bobcats 3 guys .... 1 "working"

Looked like government work for a minute.

Gravel Rat
09-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Makes you wonder :confused:

DiyDave
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Union jobsite!:laugh: :laugh:

hosejockey2002
10-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Union jobsite! :laugh: :laugh:

If it had been a union jobsite you would have had one guy in each machine, plus a laborer for each machine, plus a job foreman. And, if the machines needed fuel or oil, then a mechanic would have to be called to do that...

DiyDave
10-04-2007, 06:37 AM
And there would be 6 or 8 other guys on the payroll, who aren't at the site, doing anything!:laugh: :laugh: