PDA

View Full Version : just wondring

kpetzold
09-28-2007, 02:26 AM
hi all, ok this is a dumb question but i am going to ask anyways, why do i always hear lco's talking about useing 21, there is 22 available and you gain a extra inch on every pass, doesnt sound like much but adds up, is there any reason why to use a 21 and not 22 . thanks

topsites
09-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Couple of reasons, one is likely the standard, just happens to be the most common machine... The other reason is likely for ease of communication, some may have 22" but still call it the 21.

kpetzold
09-28-2007, 02:56 AM
Couple of reasons, one is likely the standard, just happens to be the most common machine... The other reason is likely for ease of communication, some may have 22" but still call it the 21.

ok makes sense , i have a 22 and was just windering if there was somthing wrong with that, thanks topsite . karl

Vikings
09-28-2007, 02:57 AM
The 22" toro recycler is $300 bucks cheaper then the 21" toro SUPER recycler. (and probably just as good, I own them both).

The 22" is a much shorter machine and it only comes with a finned atomic blade, which very bad for mulching green, thick grass. So you have to bag. The 21 Super Recycler is better at mulching thick, green grass but only because you can get a standard high lift blade, so it doesn't bung up the deck so much.

I prefer the 22" Toro Recycler to the 21" Toro Super Recycler and NOT just because of the price.

kpetzold
09-28-2007, 04:01 AM
The 22" toro recycler is $300 bucks cheaper then the 21" toro SUPER recycler. (and probably just as good, I own them both).

The 22" is a much shorter machine and it only comes with a finned atomic blade, which very bad for mulching green, thick grass. So you have to bag. The 21 Super Recycler is better at mulching thick, green grass but only because you can get a standard high lift blade, so it doesn't bung up the deck so much.

I prefer the 22" Toro Recycler to the 21" Toro Super Recycler and NOT just because of the price.

viking, thanks for the reply , was a dumb question , but i had to know , thanks allot karl