PDA

View Full Version : two fridays,to walk off's.

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-28-2007, 09:37 AM
boy I am consistent..

I think I'm ready to move away.

DanaMac
09-28-2007, 09:40 AM
8:30 and you're already home? You musta pissed him off real good :)

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
I think he was
A. to drunk
or
B. not drunk enough.
either way i don't put up with BS.

DanaMac
09-28-2007, 09:45 AM
I think he was
A. to drunk
or
B. not drunk enough.
either way i don't put up with BS.

Oh c'mon, we put up with yours all the time!!

I'm on a roll here!!! Just bustin' your chops Ed.

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-28-2007, 09:48 AM
I would agree dana you are on a roll....

Kiril
09-28-2007, 09:54 AM
One of these days your boss is gonna tell you to stay home.

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
One of these days your boss is gonna tell you to stay home.

Actually I'm hoping he does, today when i go to get my check and tools.

Mike Leary
09-28-2007, 11:38 AM

Sometimes that's a good thing, only you don't realize it until years later!:)

WalkGood
09-28-2007, 11:39 AM

Be prepared to have the bossman try to block your unemployment insurance claim. If you quit, you'll have to prove that the supervisor caused a hostile work environment.

In your statements to labor board, try to keep emotion out of it. Straight simple " just the facts ".

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Be prepared to have the bossman try to block your unemployment insurance claim. If you quit, you'll have to prove that the supervisor caused a hostile work environment.

In your statements to labor board, try to keep emotion out of it. Straight simple " just the facts ".

Thanks bud..

Thats actually some great advice

Mike Leary
09-28-2007, 03:25 PM
We've all warned you about your boss looking at your scathing comments
about him...keep the fingers & toes crossed that he is unaware of the forum.

Kiril
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I wasn't even considering the forum, I was talking more about walking off the job. If I schedule a job that requires 3 people, and 1 walks off the job because he is having issues with the foreman, then I will listen the first time to reasons why, the second time he can keep walking.

Mike Leary
09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I wasn't even considering the forum, I was talking more about walking off the job. If I schedule a job that requires 3 people, and 1 walks off the job because he is having issues with the foreman, then I will listen the first time to reasons why, the second time he can keep walking.

You're spot on..I used to have more patience with "prima donas", but over
the years, I got to be less tolerable...after too many issues with separate
employees, I'd had it & put the biz up for sale.

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-28-2007, 08:28 PM
You're spot on..I used to have more patience with "prima donas", but over
the years, I got to be less tolerable...after too many issues with separate
employees, I'd had it & put the biz up for sale.

I would love to buy my boss's accounts...

oh boy....

Dirty Water
09-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I've had two guys walk off on me.

One guy worked for 2 days. On the second day at about 10 in the morning he told me he just couldn't do it. To be fair, I had him cleaning trenches the entire first day, and the start of the second day was straight hand trenching, and he wasn't in the greatest shape.

I drove him to the nearest bus stop (he had no vehicle, his girlfriend had dropped him off) and that was the last I saw of him.

The second guy was a hotshot who had been doing irrigation for about 8 years. Odd guy though. His opinion of quality irrigation and mine was a good bit different, and he had never ran a plow before, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and had him running the plow and building manifolds within a week.

He definitely did have pipework experience, and I figured he would work out well, despite a bit of "I do this way" attitude.

On Monday of the second week, he walked off the job. No explanation given, just asked for his check to be mailed to him. I ran into him a few months later working at Home Depot.

NC Greenscaper
09-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey Dirty,

Did you pay the the guy that you took to the bus stop. I had an employee work one full day. I asked him how he liked it, and he said, "good". Never showed up again. I was told that I'm supposed to make every effort to pay him.

Dirty Water
09-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Yes

He got paid for his 11 hours.

BrandonV
09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
hey rotor you unemployed yet? I really need the help down here in all seriousness. I'd have to convert you to glued pipe but I promise I'm not a drunk.

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-29-2007, 03:52 PM
hey rotor you unemployed yet? I really need the help down here in all seriousness. I'd have to convert you to glued pipe but I promise I'm not a drunk.

When can i start?

Btw i glue pipe all the time when i'm mainifolding, or doing a backflow repair..

but no never have i serviced pvc pipes in the ground...I actually would love to learn how things go down there..I plow pipe with a 255 and a piper..

When i went to get my check on Friday things got repaired...Kind of..

Im still on the fences about going back..
We'll see how it goes and how intoxicated my supervisor is on Monday morning.

BrandonV
09-29-2007, 04:26 PM
hey man, I'm interested. how about sending me a resume of sort pretty much outlining what your capable of and pay expectations stuff like that. I've had irrigation techs in the past, but none have actually wanted to work in this industry just doing it after college till they get into the industry they really wanted so I'm looking for someone who really wants to be in this industry and hopefully expand my h20 division beyond what it is now. PM sent w/ contact info

CAPT Stream Rotar
09-29-2007, 04:34 PM
sweet....ill get back to you.

Mike Leary
09-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I'd have to convert you to glued pipe but I promise I'm not a drunk.

Good for you Brandon, I think (with a little adult supervision),
ROTAR could become a good hand. :drinkup:

Kiril
09-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Good for you Brandon, I think (with a little adult supervision),
ROTAR could become a good hand. :drinkup:

... possibly an arm with alot of (re)training :drinkup:

Mike Leary
09-29-2007, 08:57 PM
... possibly an arm with alot of (re)training :drinkup:

ROTOFL.....The pups are us.