PDA

View Full Version : weekly to biweekly ratio????

stevenf
09-29-2007, 04:25 AM
This was my first summer and I ended up getting about 12 accounts. only two-three of them were weekly. Is this because I started advertiseing inlate June? Is it the areas I chose? Do you guys always start this way and eventually weed out the biweekly cuts when you have enough business?
Whats your ratios?

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-29-2007, 06:12 AM
100% weekly, I do not take on bi-weeklys. (assuming you mean once every 2 weeks)

stevenf
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes I mean every other week.
did you take them when you first started? Do you find yourself giving estimates to more people wanting it every other week than every week? When you tell them you only do weekly, How often do they take the service anyway?

Sweet Tater
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
This is my first year also. Right now if I turned dow bi weekly lawns I would already be out of the business. The drought has caused most yards not to grown much.

HOOLIE
09-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I have 3 that are every other week out of 72 or so. My first year I had quite a few more, mainly from jumping on any customer that would sign up :laugh: Once I got to the point where I was pretty full on mowing, I dropped the ones that wouldn't go to weekly.

Those 3 I have are truly scrub lawns. One is next to 2 other customers, another has a ton of leaf removal in the fall, and the other owns 2 other houses that I mow weekly. I also have this one lawn where I only mow it 2-4 times a YEAR...out in the woods, about an acre. I do that only because I do the leaves every year and it comes out to being a $1500-$1700 leaf job every fall :drinkup: :drinkup:

jbannick18
09-30-2007, 02:27 AM
I think it all depends upon where you live. Here in fl I have people under contract for 42 cuts a year usually nov-march biweekly and april-oct weekly.

bohiaa
09-30-2007, 03:11 AM
it is strickly up to you. if your cost can support it. it's a go if not...then no

it's all in toe cost and scedugleing

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-30-2007, 05:32 AM
When I tell them weekly is going to be $35 and bi-weekly is going to be $70 per visit.....they either see it my way or get someone else. I have never taken on bi-weeklys........

I also tell them that my best advertising is their lawn looking great. It is nearly impossible to gain new customers based on them seeing the quality of your work when you only maintain a lawn once every 2 weeks..... I consider it opportunity lost........

$.02

Derek

shane mapes
09-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Here In Northern Ca. I Have Some Bi-weeklies But Most Are Weekly . Some Yards Here Only Need It Every Other Week . My Bus. Partner Hates The Bi-weekly And Wont Due Any So I Do Them . It Would Be Nice To Only Do Weekly But The Customer Has A Choice You Know Pay Weekly Or Pay Little More For The Bi-weekly .