PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat owners great project!!!!!!!!

cat2
09-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Great sunday project for everyone with a bobcat. I did it today, took the muffler off my bobcat s-160 and ran a straight pipe and put a chrome tip on the end. Thats makes it look and sound so much better.:cool2:

P.Services
09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
i dont get why people want loud trucks and equipment. if i could have things my way they would be silent.

hoskm01
09-29-2007, 08:01 PM
i dont get why people want loud trucks and equipment. if i could have things my way they would be silent.

I second that. Who wants to listen to a loud engine for 8 hours a day?

Fieldman12
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Some people like it and some dont. Some out grow it. Personally I love the sound of a diesel motor. I can listen to one all day long. Not always the best thing for your ears though.

cat2
09-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I love the sound of it too. It really isn't much louder inside the cab, but it sounds so much better. It really sounds nice when you are making it work. It has a little more power now

RockSet N' Grade
09-29-2007, 10:07 PM
If you guys make to my age ( 50 plus ) and have any hearing left ( mine is diminished from loud noise ) you will have to ask yourself the question I now ask myself: was all that worth it? Once your hearing is damaged, and it happens slowly over time, its gone. I found out a few years ago when I re-took my hearing test for my CDL that my ears have lost their youthfulness. Protect yourself, 'cause it sneaks up on you slowly. Sheesh, now I sound like my Dad.........:)

Construct'O
09-29-2007, 10:14 PM
If you guys make to my age ( 50 plus ) and have any hearing left ( mine is diminished from loud noise ) you will have to ask yourself the question I now ask myself: was all that worth it? Once your hearing is damaged, and it happens slowly over time, its gone. I found out a few years ago when I re-took my hearing test for my CDL that my ears have lost their youthfulness. Protect yourself, 'cause it sneaks up on you slowly. Sheesh, now I sound like my Dad.........:)

HUUUUUUU ! What'd you say????:) :usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
09-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Constructo.............that's half-heimers when yer short term memory heads south........ :)

P.Services
09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
i hate going to bed and all you can still hear is a engine screaming in your head!!

RockSet N' Grade
09-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love healthy sounding vehicles and am a real fan of muscle car's, hi-perf tractors and tractor pulls, drag racing ( bikes and cars) and have my diesel pick up maxed out with $8k worth of Gale Banks hi-perf stuff, but that hearing thing is really striking home with me. On the other hand, when the wifey-poo asks something (that I really do hear) but do not want to respond to, I pretend I didn't hear her.........works pretty good........well, sometimes........well, not really.......

SiteSolutions
09-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love healthy sounding vehicles and am a real fan of muscle car's, hi-perf tractors and tractor pulls, drag racing ( bikes and cars) and have my diesel pick up maxed out with $8k worth of Gale Banks hi-perf stuff, but that hearing thing is really striking home with me. On the other hand, when the wifey-poo asks something (that I really do hear) but do not want to respond to, I pretend I didn't hear her.........works pretty good........well, sometimes........well, not really.......

My wife and I are both in our mid 30s, both have some hearing loss, and are both low talkers! We act like an elderly couple already...

"<mumble mumble>"

"HUH?"

"I SAID..."

Takes us twice as long to have a conversation.

Seriously, though, as bad-a$$ as a straight pipe might sound, I doubt I will try this one. I just got the cab this spring and am enjoying being able to talk on the phone while operating.

YellowDogSVC
09-30-2007, 09:05 PM
i hate going to bed and all you can still hear is a engine screaming in your head!!

or waking up with your neighbor dozing the fence line...

qps
09-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Great sunday project for everyone with a bobcat. I did it today, took the muffler off my bobcat s-160 and ran a straight pipe and put a chrome tip on the end. Thats makes it look and sound so much better.:cool2:

You must be very bored:hammerhead:

GradeMan
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
IT wouldn't be like listening to my old loader w a detroit. I think I will try it on the old bobcat