PDA

View Full Version : Putting Business Cards On Cars (Good Idea Or Bad)

vaulta
09-30-2007, 05:24 PM
I was talking with this guy around where I live and he swears by this. He is putting his business cards in parking lots on cars of up scale areas. He puts his business card in between the window and door on the driver side door.I hate when a flyer is on my wiper of my car is this any different?

JB1
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't like that either, do you want that crap on your car, then blowing everywhere.

vaulta
09-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Like I said in the other post is this any different then putting a flyer on someones door of thier house?just curious

lawnman_scott
10-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I think its worse than a flyer, besides how do you know where they live? Your area or not?

txgrassguy
10-01-2007, 10:40 PM
I automatically throw stuff like that away. Bugs the living crap out of me that people do this.
And should I find the vehicle belonging to the dipwad placing this crap on my car I return the favor - but with a bottle of water soaking the flyer, card, whatever to that dude's windshield.
See how he likes it!

toac
10-02-2007, 08:57 AM
unless you are going to clean it or fix it when it's broken...DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK!

i don't like the idea.

Team-Green L&L
10-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Littering cars strikes me as an advertising medium good for bars, clubs, political campaigning, and Jehovah's Witnesses. If you don't fit those categories I would quit looking for an easy way to do volume in flyers and stick to the basics. Direct campaigning is much more reliable and easier to track results. Cars don't identify a home or property needs. IMO.

All_Toro_4ME
10-02-2007, 09:28 AM
What if they live in an apartment, or are just traveling through? They may live on the opposite side of the state as you. Sounds like a terrible idea to me, not to mention you would waste a lot of business cards or flyers whatever is it that you are using, which aren't cheap. imo

bohiaa
10-02-2007, 10:28 AM
you guys hit on everything but the one issue that matters most...

im MOST cases City and proptery level, it can be against the law....

If you do something like this check first....

today many people have alarms, I could just see someone putting these on cars under windscrean wipers, and setting off about 30 alarms....

Team-Green L&L
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
From my understanding the laws of this country do not protect assets like vehicles from solicitation mediums, but they DO protect properties, so if the vehicle is on a solicit-free property you would be in violation of penal codes.

bohiaa
10-02-2007, 11:08 AM
From my understanding the laws of this country do not protect assets like vehicles from solicitation mediums, but they DO protect properties, so if the vehicle is on a solicit-free property you would be in violation of penal codes.

you may be right.... "the law of this country" simply put this is on a city and proptery level.... as stated.....

in the 3 towns that suround me it's against the law to solicite PERIOD.

no door to door. nothing on cars NO sgins on every street corner.

this makes us a very Clean city and, it boost our standards as far as business,
if you want to advertise do it the right way....

Most will agree if anyone came out of walmart and seen someone lifting there wiper to insert something under it. they would take offence to it.

Most store owners will have very clearly posted in a window NO solicitation

it's simply bad for business....

at the country level... there are more importaint issues to deal with...
infact If I found out that my congressman was dealing with an issue like this I would move to have him throwned out of office.

this is simply a city issue, and a store front owner issue..

nothing worse than comming out to your auto after fighting the childern for 3 hrs in a supermarkett, to find you cant see out your windscreen because there are tons of flyers everywhere

Twister Turf Man
10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
I pretty much think everyone believes that would be a bad idea.:nono: