PDA

View Full Version : To get 35-50 customers

justanotherkid
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Next season will be my first go around and i want to get about 35 - 50 customers weekly.

To do this im going to put out about 7000 flyers , ads in the newspaper and yellow book and have specials if you get me another customer,

Do you guys think that this will be enough for that many lawns or should i do more ?

Is this even a reasinable goal to do it on my first year ?

Any other advertisment i need to do ?

Thank all

irocz106
09-30-2007, 07:28 PM
More time invested = More money

I think they say you get 2% for your investment.

2000 flyers x 0.02 = 40 customers.

So IMO i think that out of those 40, you might retain 20-50% on contract.
These people may phone for an idea of what your offering, or an estimate and such.

Word of mouth will get you jobs.
Make a good impression. DO good work. You'll do fine.

bcg
09-30-2007, 07:58 PM
2% may happen occassionally but I promise you it's a fluke of the perfect message at the perfect time, and it's more about the timing than the message. Averaged out over a longer time period, most marketing is more like .2% - .5%. 7k hangers will probably get you around 25 customers. To get 50, I'd put them out in batches of 5k until you get there. My guess is that will happen somewhere between 10k - 15k.

Sweet Tater
09-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Batches of 5k? thats the population of my town 3 times over. Might get the in the next town over by about 1.5.

justanotherkid
09-30-2007, 11:01 PM
so could you give me an idea of how many to put out each month or does that not matter ?

cpel2004
09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Your title(name) says it all. Looking for advice... go to your library or search the Internet about marketing and direct marketing. To add 35-50 customers weekly, good look.

topsites
10-01-2007, 04:22 AM
All depends what you want, here are the figures:

0.3% call back is the ratio for flyers, so about 3 maybe 4 calls per 1,000.
90% of everyone who will call you is a run of the mill customer, the proverbial dime a dozen.
The next 10% consists of the good customer, these are pretty decent folk most of the time.
And out of that 10 one percent is elite (the golden needle in the haystack).

If you'll take anything and everything that comes along, 3000 flyers is enough.
With 7,000 flyers you still have to accept half of all calls, some kind of way.
If you do this, you'll be roughing it.

I'll skip what you have to put out if you wanted to glean only golden needles out of the haystack.

But if you wanted to do some halfway decent cherry picking, you'll need 10 calls per every one you take on.
If this is all you do life is pretty good.
10 x 3 x 1,000 = 30,000 flyers.

justanotherkid
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
exactly how do you put out that many flyers

Sweet Tater
10-01-2007, 01:12 PM
walking a neighborhood. gots to do the foot work bubba.

topsites
10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
put them out in batches of 500 until you get there, every day, for two months that is your job.

CTJ
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I’m just starting out. I have no customers now. My goal for next year is five customers with three or more acres each.

How would you market to people with the five and ten acre properties in a some what rural area? The people who have ¼ mile long driveways. Many of them would be irritated with you for trespassing on their land.

I was thinking of doing 3 or 4 mailings in March and April.

justanotherkid
10-01-2007, 02:36 PM
put them out in batches of 500 until you get there, every day, for two months that is your job.

Yeah but as of now im in school and cant do that

in the spring ill be in school also and i want that amount of customers by atleast mid june

justanotherkid
10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I was thinking maybe i could pass em out everyday before school and then pass out ALOT of them all day saturday and sunday......

How long do you think it takes to pass out 500
I am going to pay my friend to help me....how do you pay your helpers ?

WhitakerServices
10-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Be careful that your marketing doesn't get you to stretched out as in, driving all over town to give estimates and getting lawns that are to far apart.
Find a neighborhood you want to grow in.
Find the most visible lot (corner lot near entrance, etc.)
Market aggresively (flyer, knock on door, calls) to the highest visible lawns.
Quote a low but competitive price (not to cheap or you will regret it)
If you get that lawn...
Be there after 5 on Friday (when folks are coming home from work to realize they will be mowing on Saturday Instead of golfing or whatever)
The time is important, you want them to see you doing high quality work on a timely schedule.
remember High visibility lots, excellent quality, performed at a time the other potential customers will see YOU mowing it.
The others will come

RegalLawnCare.Com
10-02-2007, 04:35 AM
I was thinking maybe i could pass em out everyday before school and then pass out ALOT of them all day saturday and sunday......

How long do you think it takes to pass out 500
I am going to pay my friend to help me....how do you pay your helpers ?

Have you ever thought of going door to door and not just passing out flyers but knocking and talking to the people? This is the most effective way to get customers, IMO.