PDA

View Full Version : Watering Pots

Mrsamman
09-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I have a 12" pop up in my flower bed, it is about 3 feet away from some flower pots, is their an easy way to run some of that 1/4 drip line from the pop up head and put little spray heads on that 1/4 black line. Is their such a thing as an extension for the pop up head that I could tap in a stub for the black poly line? If so would the pressure pop off the black poly?
Thanks for any help
Scott

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a 12" pop up in my flower bed, it is about 3 feet away from some flower pots, is their an easy way to run some of that 1/4 drip line from the pop up head and put little spray heads on that 1/4 black line. Is their such a thing as an extension for the pop up head that I could tap in a stub for the black poly line? If so would the pressure pop off the black poly?
Thanks for any help
Scott

The 12" popup usually has a side inlet. Assuming it wasn't used for the install you can come off that with a manifold for 1/4 tubing and run that into the pot. If it was you will probably need to tap into the line feeding it somehow. Pics help.

Wet_Boots
09-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Leave the head alone. You can tie into the line that feeds the head, and install a combo regulator/filter and tie some drip tubing to it. Simple enough to accomplish.

Mrsamman
09-30-2007, 09:12 PM
It did have a side inlet but I pretty sure we used it, I sat the 12" pop up right on the footing of the house so I'm pretty sure we used that side inlet. Would you splice into the black poly pipe?
Scott

Mrsamman
09-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks, I'll check with the supply house this week.
Scott

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-30-2007, 09:16 PM
It's just a few pots Boots. Doesn't have to be turned into an all day job. We use the RB prs reg, grey 6 outlet manifold. and RB 360 TS 6" sprays. HD sell combo reg/manifolds.

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-30-2007, 09:18 PM
It did have a side inlet but I pretty sure we used it, I sat the 12" pop up right on the footing of the house so I'm pretty sure we used that side inlet. Would you splice into the black poly pipe?
Scott

If that black pipe is a swing joint no you can't splice into it. If funny pipe yes you can. May want to go to the pvc and set a tee.

Wet_Boots
09-30-2007, 09:36 PM
My idea was to use a Rainbird 1800 retrofit head, which would supply up to 4 gpm of filtered regulated water. If the pressure in the zone was low enough, one could use a Rainbird emitter housing, which sits on a 1/2 inch riser, and gives filtration, but no regulation of pressure. Run individual tubes from the housing to the pots.

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-30-2007, 09:39 PM
My idea was to use a Rainbird 1800 retrofit head, which would supply up to 4 gpm of filtered regulated water. If the pressure in the zone was low enough, one could use a Rainbird emitter housing, which sits on a 1/2 inch riser, and gives filtration, but no regulation of pressure. Run individual tubes from the housing to the pots.

We use those retrofits as well. Like them a lot. Have converted bed riser zones with those to microspray after the landscape made the existing system obsolete.

Wet_Boots
09-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I've also used the Xeri-Stream adjustable nozzles for flowerpots running on a lawn zone. I expect they are very much like a Shrubbler.

Dirty Water
09-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Your going to want to get some grow lights too.

OOOOH, watering Pots

I misunderstood.

Kiril
10-01-2007, 12:33 AM
You might be able to get away with something like this, depends on the situation.

http://www.dripirrigation.com/drip_irrigation_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=551

PurpHaze
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
If the sprinkler head is on PVC a tee can always be cut in. There are adapters (female compression adapters) that glue into 1/2" PVC in which 1/2" drip PE can then be inserted into and then run where needs be. Depending on how many pots he's talking about then the 1/4" spaghetti can be plugged into the 1/2" and various types of emitters/sprayers installed in the pots. Not perfect (because of the differences between hydrozones and watering requirements)... but it will work.

Mike Leary
10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
You might be able to get away with something like this, depends on the situation.

http://www.dripirrigation.com/drip_irrigation_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=551

Do they make that in brass?:laugh: