PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Acorns??

devnuts
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Do you guys just leave them when you blow the leaves off the lawn or rake them up??

Americal Vet
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I ask the customer. In my area, alot of my clients wish them to be left where they are so that they can watch the squirrels go after them in their yard.

Another thing I've done is to vac them up and dispose of them just like any other yard waste if the customer wants them gone.

I've also sold them to Koreans, who clean and grind them up to make some type of jelled side dish.

I know that in some yards which are full of oak trees they can be a real pain.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Leave them in our dust LOL. If asked we would clean them up thou.

Smallaxe
10-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Acorns are able to be blown and almost impossible to rake. Don't make the mistake aerating close to drop time of acorns. We just made thousands of perfect little seeding beds for them and they are germinating in them holes just fine :)
I use a Little Wonder which works best , but in other places the backpack works well to. They pick up cleanly with the plastic "Dura Fork".
I will have to look into a vacuum for those things. They are excellent pig food as well as deer.

Leaf Jockey
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Blow em, sweep em and suck them up. Its all part of doing a cleanup.

Scott

stevenf
10-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I have three pet squirrels Im raising to release. Ill buy bags of acorns from you :)

adrianrog
10-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Get goats. I have three pygmy's that I let out on Saturdays when acorns are falling in the corner of my yard. They make a bee line for the corner and in an hour, the ground is clean.

razor1
10-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I feed them to my outside "pet" squirrels. I can call them like a dog and they come~a~runnin!

bigbear
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
i take a scoop shovel with me and scoop them up of a driveway at one job on top a hill they aal roll down and lay in the swaill freshly ground by truck tires. mix that with a little cmere deer and watch the deer come in to the bait pile like crack adicts