PDA

View Full Version : ace connectors

mowtime
10-01-2007, 11:36 PM
I am going to use some of the ace connectors for the first time on a run of three path lights. I have never used them before, but it seems that it would be best to have them offset so after you make the connection and use the shrink tubing they will have no chance for contact. I am I correct to think that they will be energized and thus short out if the tubing gets nicked? Thanks for all of the help on this site, also, any other tips on the ace connector greatly appreciated.

pete scalia
10-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I am going to use some of the ace connectors for the first time on a run of three path lights. I have never used them before, but it seems that it would be best to have them offset so after you make the connection and use the shrink tubing they will have no chance for contact. I am I correct to think that they will be energized and thus short out if the tubing gets nicked? Thanks for all of the help on this site, also, any other tips on the ace connector greatly appreciated.

No need they come with a special heat shrink so there is no chance of shorting.

Lite4
10-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Ditto what pete said. Have never had that problem. Good luck on nicking them once they are shrunk. Very solid connection!

pete scalia
10-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Ditto what pete said. Have never had that problem. Good luck on nicking them once they are shrunk. Very solid connection!

Absolutely Tim, I share many of your same views. Your a real pro.

eskerlite
10-02-2007, 09:43 PM
There is not a better connector than the 3 sizes of ace Connectors. Never had a problem in 10 years, 350 connections a year.
Sean C.:laugh:

Landscape Illuminating
10-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Where is everyone getting their Ace connectors?

-LI

Chris J
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey Sean,
I love the Ace, but I wouldn't go so far to say that it is "the best". Have you ever seen or tried the Buchannan crimps with the DBSR? I used to think the Ace was the best thing also, but then I studied it a bit more. Now I think the crimp/DBSR method is a little better than even the Ace. But hey, what ever works for you, then that is what matters most, eh?

Chris J
10-02-2007, 09:52 PM

-LI

The most common type is made by Nightscaping, so where ever you have a NS distributor, that's where they will be. I get mine through Doug with Nitetyme (he's on here as well).

Lite4
10-03-2007, 12:06 AM

-LI

I get mine through John Deere Landscapes. I told them I wanted them to stock them, and VWALLA, they brought em in. I primarily use the 1525s and 1538s, but pick your own poison.

Chris J
10-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I believe you can get a similar version of this a your local electrical supply house, but I have never checked into it. If it's true, it will probably be cheeper by the pound.

trailboss
10-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Can you buy them in bulk? We buy them in the packages with two per pack and the allen wrenches start adding up.:laugh:

Chris J
10-03-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm sure they might come in bigger packages, but I get them in boxes of 50 (I think)
Doug, correct me if I'm wrong!

Lite4
10-03-2007, 12:51 AM
You can get the 1515s in packs of 30, 1525s in packs of 25, and 1538s in packs of 15.

Pro-Scapes
10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
ideal makes a similar one too... not sure on the cost diff... im still a solder and DBSR guy. I did inherit a set of buchanan crimpers that were my grandfathers in the 60's i think and I have added them to my tool bag for the areas where i cant get in with my solder pot

NiteTymeIlluminations
10-04-2007, 10:03 AM
a box of 50 is a box of 25 pairs...they are actually 25 packs...because they count them as a pair...cool? We only stock the bulb packs ina 3 sizes...the single paks are crazy...each single packs comes with an allen wrench...jeez what a waste!