PDA

View Full Version : Edging Rant thread v2.0

Vikings
10-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I couldn't find that other thread.

I'm just in the process of planning out some personal landscaping. A shed, stone patio (to replace the wood one I have) and some side walk and parking space for my trailer for the winter.

So it got me thinking, How do you edge Patio blocks when you have plastic edging there?

I don't do edging, I do what that other thread was ranting about.. you know, sort of scalping it up. I also do a lot of upside down trimmer work.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to start edging and make it a normal part of service. I don't see anyone else here that edges..

I bought a Brand new STHIL 110 Edger this spring. But I found it way to hard to establish edges, I was using my ice scraper to peel up large chunks of sod on over grown drive ways. Plus I would smell smoke because I was working that machine, either incorrectly or too hard.

I lost interest and just did the standard mow, blow, go with some string trimming to boot.

But these patio blocks are becoming more and more common so even you hard core edgers must have to deal with this.