PDA

View Full Version : fall clean up prices

verant
10-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm from alexandria, Mn. I'm a one man crew with commercial equipment. I charge $40 per hour for clean ups, which includes hauling all the leaves away to a local dumpsite. Does $40 per hour sound right?

nobagger
10-02-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm from alexandria, Mn. I'm a one man crew with commercial equipment. I charge $40 per hour for clean ups, which includes hauling all the leaves away to a local dumpsite. Does $40 per hour sound right?

Sounds in-line to me.

d&rlawncare
10-02-2007, 07:48 AM
I would charge the $40 as long as you are including the drive time to dump the leaves and the time it takes to dump them.

JohnsonLawn
10-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Just curious, what is your target for mowing per hour? I know you charge by the property, but I am sure you have a number in mind that you like to acheive per hour when mowing. The reason I ask is, $40 per hour for cleanups is way low in my opinion. I usually get around $60-65 per hour mowing and it is easier work for me and the equipment than cleanups are.

verant
10-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Just curious, what is your target for mowing per hour? I know you charge by the property, but I am sure you have a number in mind that you like to acheive per hour when mowing. The reason I ask is, $40 per hour for cleanups is way low in my opinion. I usually get around $60-65 per hour mowing and it is easier work for me and the equipment than cleanups are.

Johnson-
What is your market, rural area or city, residential or commercial? My town is 10,000 people so I know that for instance they can charge more in minneapolis area than alexandria

PrecisionLandscapingEast
10-02-2007, 03:55 PM
I charged at a min. of $75.00 an hour. Most jobs I did a flat fee of $100-150. I found that most of the time it took about an hour and a half with dump time, so most of the time i charged $150.00 and never heard any complaints about price. I think you are short changing yourself quite a bit at 40. Remember people hate to do clean ups, and are willing to pay a little extra for it.

JohnsonLawn
10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
I charged at a min. of $75.00 an hour. Most jobs I did a flat fee of $100-150. I found that most of the time it took about an hour and a half with dump time, so most of the time i charged $150.00 and never heard any complaints about price. I think you are short changing yourself quite a bit at 40. Remember people hate to do clean ups, and are willing to pay a little extra for it.

Agreed, I find people more willing to mow their own lawn than to mess with a dirty pile of wet leaves. Charge for it, cuz it is a long winter!