PDA

View Full Version : customer question

kpetzold
10-02-2007, 05:23 PM
hi all, a realtor friend of mine just called and asked if i could give a estimate on two propoerties , i have a set 30 dollar minimum , my question is one of the propoerty's the front yard is completely rocked and the areas to be mowed are very small , does any one ever go bellow there set minimum for very small mowing jobs . thanks guy and gals. karl

SwihartServices
10-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Depends on how far it is. The bottom line is your bottom line, right? Just make sure you make money. By the way Realtors ALWAYS pay slow.

SwihartServices
10-02-2007, 05:32 PM
At least I have always had them pay slow.

kpetzold
10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
At least I have always had them pay slow.

swi, thanks for the reply , yeah i already figured it would be slow pay , im just getting my busi started, so really need to take the work, if nothing else to show the quality of my work. thanks karl

topsites
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
For many years I wouldn't touch a realtor, even today I can still run fast as soon as I hear it, also seems like every year or two at least one customer who never paid for something is a realtor (and I don't get that many who never pay).

Might be another one in the line of upfront payments, I don't get it with those guys

But anyhow no I don't go below my minimum, even less so if it seems like I should, hope that makes sense. Because next thing I know I get someone who wants me to service literally, a 40-foot 1 pass stretch of grass that takes all of 1-2 minutes... No way, ever since I enforced the minimum this nonsense has pretty much stopped.

More so if it's a bunch of bs, everybody wants a lawn guy, few can afford it but everyone's got all these wacky ideas on how to hire your very own Lco for under $50 a year... For that I might even make it 35, I just can't take it anymore. :laugh:

shane mapes
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
yes Realtors pay slow but i just started with one this year for the first time and it is going o.k. i picked up 4 new accounts and some one time only . yes most of us drop are min. from time to time just make sure you make out ahead not under.

bohiaa
10-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I never have gotten pay from a realtor.....

However I have several customers from realtors...

Most of the time the realtor does NOT own the proptery the homeowner does.

they can recomand you for the job to the owner.

kpetzold
10-02-2007, 10:53 PM
thanks everybody , for the help on this one, im gonna go look at the jobs tommorow , ill let ya know , thanks karl .

kpetzold
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
I never have gotten pay from a realtor.....

However I have several customers from realtors...

Most of the time the realtor does NOT own the proptery the homeowner does.

they can recomand you for the job to the owner.

hey bohiaa, im right down the4 road from you, in rockport fulton area , if you dont mind what is your min up there . im goin 30 here . karl

topsites
10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah they're usually ok IF they own the home, even then still be careful as usual.

But my experience with those who don't own it, there's nothing doing.
They send these guys to college and they're right up there with doctors and lawyers, but somehow they obviously get to skip one very basic business lesson. That is, so long you work on commission, there is no way you can spend any amount of money that will raise the price enough to where there exists profit, at least not from the middleman's side of the fence.

No, it doesn't work. If you own the home and you want to paint it because you're selling it, that's probably a good deal, but then you're getting the fat end of the money, see what I'm saying ... And whether the realtor wants to hear it or not, they are the middlemen when they don't own it.

And I think that is the problem.
They think spending a little money on maintenance will make it sell better or faster, but what I'm saying is it doesn't work profitably from the middleman's end of the bargain. Which, then we lose out or they're disappointed, either way it's no good when someone always loses on this one. No, it's no good to me if the customer gets the short end of the stick either.
That's why I don't get too excited anymore with these folks.

But yes, some are ok, just like any other customer I'd guess, some good, some bad, whatever.
Took me more than a few years to warm up to them thou heh

TTPRODR
10-03-2007, 04:42 AM
my wife is a realtor,she wont spend a dime in someone else property other than magazines ads(sometimes,if there is great potential of selling the house)and she does list on ads to mostly to get calls but if she sells it thru ads thats jackpot time,if she dont sell it and do all these lawn care on herself then contract expire then owner goes with someone else and take the whole 6 months of lawn services for free.
I dont know but where we at realtors do not invest nothing in customers properties,mls is what sells the house if is priced right,she dont even spent on the front signs which by the way that ugly subdivisions with all the cluttersigns in every corner.
I just wonder where those nice friendly realtors come from that will care for your lawn while is listed.lemme know so i can list my house to get the free lawn service.

kpetzold
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
my wife is a realtor,she wont spend a dime in someone else property other than magazines ads(sometimes,if there is great potential of selling the house)and she does list on ads to mostly to get calls but if she sells it thru ads thats jackpot time,if she dont sell it and do all these lawn care on herself then contract expire then owner goes with someone else and take the whole 6 months of lawn services for free.
I dont know but where we at realtors do not invest nothing in customers properties,mls is what sells the house if is priced right,she dont even spent on the front signs which by the way that ugly subdivisions with all the cluttersigns in every corner.
I just wonder where those nice friendly realtors come from that will care for your lawn while is listed.lemme know so i can list my house to get the free lawn service.

ttp, i think i might have miss lead everyone, the realtor is not going to pay me , the home owners are, the realtor just called me and told me that she had two prprtys that she is selling and the owners asked her if she knew anyone that could mow for them . thanks karl

SwihartServices
10-03-2007, 10:37 AM
The Realtors are not the ones paying most of the time its who there selling for. Right now its mostly banks and Freddie or Fannie. Its called Real Estate Owned properties. And they're all a bunch of huge bureaucracies, which is really the reason its such slow pay.

All_Toro_4ME
10-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I have 2 realtors that I work for that have multiple props for me, not too bad of shape. They are a little slow on paying, but have always come through. It seems the realtor is selling the house for the current owner, and then when the realtor cuts the check, he/she is reimbursed back from the homeowner, at least thats what he told me.