PDA

View Full Version : Overseeding estimate (please help--see photo)

GTLLC
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I am bidding on a property for overseeding and would like input from the pros on how much I should charge???

My initial estimate was $720.00. Open to any advice.

Property is 1.575 acres.
I plan on the following services (not necessarily in order):
low cut mowing.
Bagging.
Dumping all debris & clippings.
de-thatching.
Raking.
debris clean-up.
Aeration.
Seed growth starter.
Seed.
Spreading.
Watering Plan.
Owner is responsible for all watering.

Thanks!!!

chris638
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
My cost just for a slice seeding is about $1900.00. If you sow fescue seed, you will have more than $700.00 in seed alone.

topsites
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
idk what is a watering plan, you mean put in an irrigation system?

My cost just for a slice seeding is about $1900.00. If you sow fescue seed, you will have more than $700.00 in seed alone.

Sure but it all depends, I dare say you do need at least 300 pounds, around here if you get lucky you can get that much fescue for $420 but keep in mind you still need all the rest of the stuff and the 200 lb/ acre formula takes into consideration that it will be core aerated (so another $150 and that's if I do it lol), then mowing I haven't a clue but assuming I don't gotta spend OH you said BAGGING well ok there's $200... hmmm...

Yeah, it seems you're a tee bit low :)

Cooter
10-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Is there enough growing seaon in Wisconsin left to overseed this year?

shortgrass01
10-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I gave out free rye this year to a good number of accounts. the accounts that paid for rye, bought the rest of the rye i applied for free to new accounts. marketing 101

racer56
10-06-2007, 09:55 PM
I am bidding on a property for overseeding and would like input from the pros on how much I should charge???

My initial estimate was $720.00. Open to any advice.

Property is 1.575 acres.
I plan on the following services (not necessarily in order):
low cut mowing.
Bagging.
Dumping all debris & clippings.
de-thatching.
Raking.
debris clean-up.
Aeration.
Seed growth starter.
Seed.
Spreading.
Watering Plan.
Owner is responsible for all watering.

Thanks!!!

Folks this is the NUMBER 1 problem with our industry. We need to fix this together. GTLLC, I'm sure you mean well but if you charged twice that you would be too cheap. Maybe go to work for someone for awhile or maybe find a mentor in your area. I have always been willing to help out someone new as it helps the industry as a whole. Not trying to pick on you but just hoping you'll reconsider your bid.