PDA

View Full Version : Install Bid - Help Needed

Skimastr105
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I was wondering what you guys would bid on this project.

First: The client wants a new lawn installed. He also wants beds put in on either side of the front door and around the telephone pole. The existing circular raised bed with the wood sides will be removed. The rock by the driveway will be relocated to one of the beds, and several other natural boulders will be added. The lawn area will be seeded and fertilized.

I am adding approximately 72 yards of loam to the lawn area. The beds will be edged with aluminum landscape edging and mulched. The bid is for no plants as of right now, so that isn't a factor.

The dimensions are roughly 200' by 150' give or take.

I have attached a very rough sketch of what the beds will look like. If you have any questions, let me know. I would like to get as accurate an answer as possible.

Thanks, Alec.

For Photos go here! http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=202312

PrecisionLandscapingEast
10-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Alec,

First off you need to put your sales hat on and get the install on the plants. You know he is going to put plants in sooner or later, why not sooner. What would he want to pay all this money for a new lawn, and then have it trampled by foot traffic and/or equipment, it only makes since to do it now doesn't mr. prospect (and knod like a chicken), also tell him you can give him a discount on it if you do it before the lawn. As for what to charge I always look at how much the job cost is to me, then do a slight mark up on material, and then what your target is to make hourly. My target is a min. of $75-100 hour for 2-3 man crew. For this job would go towards 100 an hour.

Skimastr105
10-04-2007, 02:05 AM
I'm doing the plants in the spring. He can't afford to do it all at once... unfortunately. How long would you expect the project to take.

PrecisionLandscapingEast
10-04-2007, 03:59 AM
it all depends on the equipment you are going to be using. What all are you doing to prep the area that you are going to be seeding? What kind of seed? I think the Lesco Transition blend would grow well in your area. By far my favorite in Ohio, go buckeyes! If that were me, I think with the right equipment me and a worker could bust it out in a day or day half (about 12 hours). Also, are you using straw, mulch, etc.?

If the customer wants it done the right way, I would:

-clean beds out
-build new beds
-spray round up on the whole front yard
-strip the whole front with sod cutter
-remove
-topdress with topsoil, about an inch or deeper in low areas
-roll it
-seed/ starter fert
-straw/ mulch
-wait for a call back saying how good it looks