PDA

View Full Version : Hunter PSC-Z Controller

jimmyburg
10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
has anyone seen or used this controller

http://www.ewing1.com/product/p44/ews_44008420.htm

PSC-Z Controller
If you're looking for a controller that's as smart as it is versatile, then the choice is easy. You want the Hunter PSC-Z controller. Installation has never been so easy-the roomy wiring compartment is larger than anything the competition has to offer. Programming has never been so easy-a large display provides effortless viewing and all controls have been designed with the user's convenience in mind. Accommodating changes in the weather has never been so easy- Hunter's unique seasonal adjustment feature allows you to quickly change all watering times without reprogramming. In fact, when it comes to user-friendly controller, the Hunter PSC-Z is so easy it's hard to resist.

Features:

Super User Friendly with easiest possible programming.
10-hour memory retains current time, day and program data during power failures when no battery is installed.
Seasonal adjust allows you to easily change the amount of watering to accommodate weather changes.
Adjustable cycle time delay allows you to program multiple cycles for new and established plant growth while preventing water run-off.
Short detector senses a field short, continues watering subsequent stations, then shows which station is affected on display, with no fuses required.
Individual station scheduling allows each station to be separately programmed for run times, cycles per day and days apart.
Super protection against power surge and brownout.
Models:

PSC-600Zi- 6 station controller, indoor model
PSC-600Z- 6 station controller, outdoor model
PSC-900Zi- 9 station controller, indoor model
PSC-900Z- 9 station controller, outdoor model
PSC-1200Zi- 12 station controller, indoor model
PSC-1200Z- 12 station controller, outdoor model
PSC-1600Z- 16 station controller, indoor/outdoor model

Ground Master
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Is this a Review/Question or AD?

Looks like you just copied a bunch of stuff from hunters website?

jimmyburg
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I was going through my ewing account online and saw this controller, i tried to paste the whole thing but the pic would not move over to the post. ive never saw one before.

Mike Leary
10-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Is this a Review/Question or AD?

Looks like you just copied a bunch of stuff from hunters website?

Ditto.....:sleeping: :sleeping:

Wet_Boots
10-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Old product. Old news. And it doesn't interface with the Hunter remote controllers.

londonrain
10-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Old product. Old news. And it doesn't interface with the Hunter remote controllers.
Ditto.........

irrig8r
10-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I didn't think they were even making them anymore.... the features are kind of outdated. Didn't they make this before the first generation SRC.. like at least 10 years ago?

Browsing my catalog collection i don't find it past 1999, unless they recently revived it.. maybe it wasn't Y2K compliant?

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Jimmyburg-you know a guy named Ben Fisher? irrigation teacher in Plano?

Mike Leary
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
About the biggest piece of junk made..like all Hunter clocks IMHO.

irrig8r
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I find it kind of strange that Ewing still has that page cached.. It's not in their paper catalog offerings or on the current product listings on the website...

How did you come across it? Page bookmarked from long ago?

irrig8r
10-04-2007, 06:26 PM

:nono:

I've had my share of problems with every brand of clock I've ever installed or encountered on a job. Some minor, some major.

The only notable exceptions are Buckner (electromechanical model) Superior Sterling and Rainmaster Sentar.

Hunter pioneered or improved upon a lot of features that we all take for granted now. Like non-volatile memory, remote capability, expansion modules....

Mike Leary
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
: Like non-volatile memory,

Been around with many clocks before Hunter..Hardie/Irritrol was one of the
first I remember...Ever used a Hunter remote? Junk.

Wet_Boots
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Old pages can still be tucked away on websites. You can find a Toro page for the Freetime Four controller.

I still use a Hunter SRR remote on some installs, since the connector location doesn't have room for the larger receiver.

And welcome to Lawnsite, Jimmyburg.

Mike Leary
10-04-2007, 08:07 PM
I still use a Hunter SRR remote on some installs, since the connector location doesn't have room for the larger receiver.

Welcome also Jimmyburg..Hunter remotes are made for T & M contractors!

Kiril
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Welcome also Jimmyburg..Hunter remotes are made for T & M contractors!

:laugh: I got one still in the box, never used.

jimmyburg
10-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Jimmyburg-you know a guy named Ben Fisher? irrigation teacher in Plano?

Yes i know of him, and fimco through Glinda with amc. im in fort worth and they are in dallas. I think Ben teaches in Bedford. He was there at the Irrigation meeting in Irving with Jerry Lewis about the new Rules and Requirements that the state is going to put together for our new lic.

jimmyburg
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Old pages can still be tucked away on websites. You can find a Toro page for the Freetime Four controller.

Thanks Mike and Wet Boots, Ive learned so much trouble shooting from you guys it pricless! :waving:

turfnh2oman
10-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Only prefer the Hunter-ICC myself for larger stations jobs. It works quite well. As for the other Hunter controllers I prefer NOT to use them. In fact I wouldn't use them if you GAVE me a box of them. I classify Rain-Bird boxes in that statement too.

Kiril
10-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I've used Hunter ICC almost exclusively for years until Fimco convinced me to spend some clients money on the Smartline

PurpHaze
10-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Although the PSC-Z has been discontinued you still have info available if you run into them.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/PDFs/Owners_Manuals/Domestic/lit122w.pdf

Rotor_Tool
10-07-2007, 02:01 PM

Have to agree with Mike at least partially, this was an awesome controller but Hunter stopped making it due to the high cost of the components. This was prior to the crap they are sourcing in China today. The last of the great Hunter controllers...the PSC-Z (for those of you that don't remember, the z feature indicated cycle and soak).

Mike Leary
10-07-2007, 02:04 PM
This was prior to the crap they are sourcing in China today.

Let's see..any clock made in the USA anymore? Rain Master, Cal Sense?
I'm sure Toro will take care of that when they get their grubby hands on Rain Master.

Rotor_Tool
10-07-2007, 02:04 PM
has anyone seen or used this controller

http://www.ewing1.com/product/p44/ews_44008420.htm

PSC-Z Controller
If you're looking for a controller that's as smart as it is versatile, then the choice is easy. You want the Hunter PSC-Z controller. Installation has never been so easy-the roomy wiring compartment is larger than anything the competition has to offer. Programming has never been so easy-a large display provides effortless viewing and all controls have been designed with the user's convenience in mind. Accommodating changes in the weather has never been so easy- Hunter's unique seasonal adjustment feature allows you to quickly change all watering times without reprogramming. In fact, when it comes to user-friendly controller, the Hunter PSC-Z is so easy it's hard to resist.

Features:

Super User Friendly with easiest possible programming.
10-hour memory retains current time, day and program data during power failures when no battery is installed.
Seasonal adjust allows you to easily change the amount of watering to accommodate weather changes.
Adjustable cycle time delay allows you to program multiple cycles for new and established plant growth while preventing water run-off.
Short detector senses a field short, continues watering subsequent stations, then shows which station is affected on display, with no fuses required.
Individual station scheduling allows each station to be separately programmed for run times, cycles per day and days apart.
Super protection against power surge and brownout.
Models:

PSC-600Zi- 6 station controller, indoor model
PSC-600Z- 6 station controller, outdoor model
PSC-900Zi- 9 station controller, indoor model
PSC-900Z- 9 station controller, outdoor model
PSC-1200Zi- 12 station controller, indoor model
PSC-1200Z- 12 station controller, outdoor model
PSC-1600Z- 16 station controller, indoor/outdoor model

These are no longer manufactured, nor can you get parts for them, but if you can get your hands on some - buy them. They are kick-a## controllers. I have one unit left new in the box along with some PX sprays with nozzles, R-type rotors, and an ETC controller, to remind me of my early days of irrigation as a Hunter contractor. I might buy some if Ewing still has them.

Rotor_Tool
10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Only prefer the Hunter-ICC myself for larger stations jobs. It works quite well. As for the other Hunter controllers I prefer NOT to use them. In fact I wouldn't use them if you GAVE me a box of them. I classify Rain-Bird boxes in that statement too.

No Rain Bird and no Hunter in the heart of John Deere Landscapes country? Don't tell us you use Toro?

Rotor_Tool
10-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm sure Toro will take care of that when they get their grubby hands on Rain Master.

Depends on how you define made. Rain Bird controller components are made in the US, but assembled in Mexico. Much like some of the "American Made" vehicles today.

Chilehead
10-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Never seen it(till now), and never used it. Hunter XC Controller is for me.

Kiril
10-07-2007, 02:28 PM

mmmmm, you said CalSense http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/641.gif

Rotor_Tool
10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
mmmmm, you said CalSense http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/641.gif

Something is seriously wrong with you.:confused:

Mike Leary
10-07-2007, 02:36 PM
mmmmm, you said CalSense]

The only reason I stay in the biz is "I want to hang that clock!"
Coolest remote on the planet too. :)

turfnh2oman
10-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Toro Heads and valves. Hardie / Irritrol Rain Dial and Total control boxes. Toro has also matched these boxes with heavier boards. Good boxes all of them.

Mike Leary
10-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Total Control my favorite medium end clock..I don't remember how many we
put in, but I'd think hundreds...early ones were very skitcy about surges,
Sal @ Irritrol was always cool about loaners..since Toro grabbed Hardie,
they seem to have left the crew alone. Toro "Custom Command" simply a
knockoff of the Total Control w/ more zones, tho stupid hi-fi wire connectors,
like the Weather Matic SL. Shoot me if I use a Toro product other than the
Stream Rotor.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
The only reason I stay in the biz is "I want to hang that clock!"