PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation

ckungis
10-04-2007, 07:05 PM
I am having a problem with one on of are installayion we have 9 valves system. The house is on city water, the PSI out of the spkicket is 62.
Zone 1 has 4 turf Spary heads
Zone 2 has 4 Bed misters
Zone 3 has 3 Bed misters
These zone are fine..........
Zones 4-9 all have 3 bed misters per zone seem to have very low pressure.
I took the valves out and flush those zones out. And they still don't work.
Anyone have any Ideas?

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I am having a problem with one on of are installayion we have 9 valves system. The house is on city water, the PSI out of the spkicket is 62.
Zone 2 has 4 Bed misters
Zone 3 has 3 Bed misters
Anyone have any Ideas?

Take a flow test off your backflow or outlet...how old is the system?
Are these in a manifold or remote boxes?

Mike Leary
10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Zone 2 has 4 Bed misters
Zone 3 has 3 Bed misters
Anyone have any Ideas?

Spell check.:laugh: Need more information...crap inline...any filters?

bigred1
10-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Is this one of those trick questions off the Texas licensing exam? How many feet of pipe do you have from zone 3 to zone 4 (mainline)? Have you calculated your pressure loss?

DGomez
10-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Do you have any kind of site plan? Have you run the hydraulics for the entire system or at least the most taxed zone???
Dan

PurpHaze
10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Zone 2 has 4 Bed misters
Zone 3 has 3 Bed misters
Anyone have any Ideas?

You state that zones 4-9 have low pressure so I'm assuming that they do indeed fire from the controller meaning there isn't a wiring problem.

If the zones are in a "straight line" of supply you might have some type of restiction between valves 3 and 4. You mention pressure but nothing about main line pipe size and available GPM throughout the system. Is the main line the same size from POC to last valve? Need more info.

Are all the valves the same type and do they have flow control or pressure regulators on them? Are all the solenoids fully opening?

What type/brand on "misters" on on the problematic zones and have they been checked for clogging, etc.?

Kiril
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Do the valves have flow control and if so are they full open?

Werd purp.

ckungis
10-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Take a flow test off your backflow or outlet...how old is the system?
Are these in a manifold or remote boxes?

The System is A MONTH old
They are in a Manifold

ckungis
10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
You state that zones 4-9 have low pressure so I'm assuming that they do indeed fire from the controller meaning there isn't a wiring problem.

If the zones are in a "straight line" of supply you might have some type of restiction between valves 3 and 4. You mention pressure but nothing about main line pipe size and available GPM throughout the system. Is the main line the same size from POC to last valve? Need more info.

Are all the valves the same type and do they have flow control or pressure regulators on them? Are all the solenoids fully opening?

What type/brand on "misters" on on the problematic zones and have they been checked for clogging, etc.?

GPM throughout the system 16 GPM
the whole system's pipe is 1"
The valves are all hunters pressure regultors. all the Solenoids are fully opening
The Misters are Rain birds

Mike Leary
10-12-2007, 10:57 PM
The valves are all hunters pressure regultors. all the Solenoids are fully opening

AND, the in over his head award goes to..da dat ta da..ckungis!:hammerhead:

PurpHaze
10-13-2007, 11:29 AM

If the valves are fully opening then there has to be something between the valve and the heads restricting the flow or diverting it (as in a big enough leak).

If the zone was on the cuff of the maximum available GPM (i.e. your 16 GPM) and someone replaced a nozzle or two with higher GPM requirements the resulting effect on the entire zone would be felt. The zone would be pushing too much water through the 1" lateral and a trickle-down effect would occur.