PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Claim

NMS0219
10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
So ya think you had a bad day. http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2007/10/04/news/doc4703fa41bb2c3861943751.txt This guy had a very, very bad day. Nick

RockSet N' Grade
10-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I would like to know how it was tied down. I would like to know what caused it to "shift".......driving too fast, bump/pot hole in road, curve. It is a real concern, and is one of the reasons we use so many chains to crank it down tight to the trailer.....

ksss
10-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I would suspect it was not chained down very well. The chain on the ground looks rather lightweight although it is hard to tell. The ground is wet and I would assume the deck of the trailer was as well making the deck slick. If the excavator was not secured tightly even a little movement can start a chain reaction. The fact that it was a tag trailer does not help. I pull my 36K excavator on a similiar trailer and it is top heavy. Looks like the State of Penn. will be making a few checks out.

tthomass
10-05-2007, 12:58 AM
In the town that my Dad has his business......a dozer flipped in a similar situation, but in town..........think of May Berry. When it stopped, it was so close to the driver's door of a parked car, that the person inside the car, that watched it come at them, could not open the door enough to get out.

Bet they went to church on Sunday too!

NMS0219
10-05-2007, 10:02 PM
The ground is wet from the diesel fuel and hydro oil. If you look in the picture their is a pick up truck. That is where he came from. He just took the turn way too fast with a top heavy load. put the trailer on 2 wheels and over it went. The guy had 4 chains and binders on it. If you look in the pic you can see all 4.

RockSet N' Grade
10-06-2007, 10:01 AM
NMS.......thanks, I will look again. With 4 chains and binders (assuming the binders and chains were grade 100 ) he was still illegal as far as tying down his load.