PDA

View Full Version : Small question!!!

ok4me2xlr8
10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I have a small question I plugged a yard about a week ago and seeded. It has not rained here all summer and it rained pretty good yesterday and what i was wondering if it would be ok if I plugged it again with the seed already on the yard without harming it.

Smallaxe
10-07-2007, 08:31 AM
What is the purpose?

ok4me2xlr8
10-07-2007, 11:15 AM
plug was not as deep as i would like it to be.

DuallyVette
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Aerating after seeding may not be a problem. If the area is damp, a good bit of seed could stick to the aerator wheels, or weight roller ( depending on the machine) and somewhat mess up your seed coverage. If it were my lawn and I decided to aerate again, I'd probably spread a little more seed on it.
I'm in Charlotte, not too far from Shelby, and with the current drought, water restrictions, and a prediction of a dry winter, I doubt that we'll be aerating and seeding anything this Fall. I bought a new Z-plugger to make things easier this year, so my $$$ is just sitting in the garage gathering dust.:cry: :cry: :cry:

ok4me2xlr8
10-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I know how that goes with the new equipment. Thank you for the reply I did exactly what you stated. I do not know what your water restrictions are but I am still seeding I planted a fescue lawn the other week and it is growing fine. My new favorite seed is lesco tri gold!!!

DuallyVette
10-08-2007, 09:53 PM
No lawns can be watered, only drip or hand watering on shrubbery, no car washing. If you look at the local lakes water level, you'd only flush for solids.